Ice Cream Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
This sounds delicious! :yum:

This is another awesome recipe.

Velvet Dessert Cream
2 Eggs, well beaten
2 c Milk
1 c Brown sugar,l packed
4 tb Instant coffee granules
1/2 c Liquor (Irish whiskey, Irish cream, brandy, Kahlua, rum, etc)
2 ts Vanilla
2 c Whipping cream

1.In a medium saucepan, combine beaten eggs, milk, brown sugar and instant coffee. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar and coffee dissolve and mixture thickens slightly.
2.Remove from heat; stir in whiskey or brandy. Cool to room temperature. Stir in vanilla and whipping cream.
3.Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.

Maple Syrup is somewhat sweeter than is sugar. But it also has a rich flavor all it's own. Thing maple fudge. Too much can make it almost irritating in the back of your throat. But combined with nuts, and the cream, eggs, etc., that richness is buffered, making maple ice cream the exception to that rule. Also, the liquid component of the maple syrup has to be factored into the recipe. I would use half sugar and half maple.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My #1 favorite flavor. Vanilla, when it is done right. Homemade vanilla ice cream with high quality cream (we have local stuff that is fantastic) is one of my favorite things. We have a "frozen custard" place here that makes a product with very very little air in it, it has that homemade taste and it so incredibly smooth, some of the best vanilla ice cream around even if they do call it "custard"

Back
Top Bottom