ISO a clay-like dough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragon

Assistant Cook
Can anyone give me a recipe for mouldable dough that is not too soft, I am planning on making a small sculpture of something and I need to have a dough that is sort of like clay that I can cook, decorate and eat. I am not experienced at cooking and need help. I am planning to make something for my art class well it will be a part of my independant project, I love cooking and art, and I do well in both. I am a 15 year old girl in case you wanted to know.

Peanutty Play Dough

1/4 c peanut butter
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1/2 T honey

Pour all ingredients into a plastic zip bag and knead until mixture becomes a dough.

Candy Clay

1 pound powdered sugar
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup margarine
1 tsp vanilla
food coloring to desired color

Mix all ingredients and knead, adding more powdered sugar if too sticky.

Chocolate Clay

10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup light corn syrup

Melt chips in the microwave and add syrup. Spread the chocolate 1/2 inch thick on wax paper and let set overnight. It will stiffen and become pliable.

Frosting Dough

1 can frosting
1 1/2 cups powder sugar
1 cup peanut butter
food coloring

Mix all together and knead until it forms a dough.

Mashed potato dough (edible, but :sick: )

2 cups mashed potatoes
1 1/2 cups flour
food coloring

Mix all together until a dough forms.

Applesauce Cinnamon Dough (Again, edible, but :sick: :sick: )

1/2 cup cinnamon
1/cup applesauce

Combine ingredients in a bag and knead until a dough forms. Sculptures will dry in about 12 hours.

This one's neat- smells good and dries to an antique-like finish, but not sure if you would want to eat it!

Java Dough

1/4 cup instant coffee
3/4 cup warm water
2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt

Combine coffee and water until dissolved. Combine flour and salt, adding 3/4 cup of the coffee water and stir/knead until a dough is formed. Bake finished sculptures at 300 degrees for 30-45 minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom