ISO Uses for peppermint sticks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Alright, I admit it. I found some candy canes in my cupboard that need using up. Help! I need ideas. So far, I've thought of smashing them and using them either in a chocolate bark or in brownies. Neither one is really doing it for me.

Anyone out there feeling creative?

Alright, I admit it. I found some candy canes in my cupboard that need using up. Help! I need ideas. So far, I've thought of smashing them and using them either in a chocolate bark or in brownies. Neither one is really doing it for me.

Anyone out there feeling creative?

I use them to stir tea.

break them up and spread them on your lawn if a neighborhood dog decides your front lawn is his toilet. :ermm:

the strong mint smell helps to deter them from wanting to add their own stench.

the first time i heard of something like this, i was told to use cayenne pepper. it worked for a while until the chihuahua's showed up. they just had a party... :D

Peppermint stick white chocolate bark.
I made some last week.
Crush the peppermint sticks, melt the white chocolate, mix, and put onto a buttered piece of foil in a pan. Spread it thin.
Score it once it begins to harden.

If you use a microwave to warm the white chocolate, and mix the peppermint stick chunks into it, the microwave will melt the peppermint sticks too, leaving you with a swirled pink white chocolate bark.

I recommend the first method.

Peppermint stick white chocolate bark.
I made some last week.
Crush the peppermint sticks, melt the white chocolate, mix, and put onto a buttered piece of foil in a pan. Spread it thin.
Score it once it begins to harden.

If you use a microwave to warm the white chocolate, and mix the peppermint stick chunks into it, the microwave will melt the peppermint sticks too, leaving you with a swirled pink white chocolate bark.

I recommend the first method.

I love that stuff!

Katie, ICE CREAM! Of course! Thanks!

blissful, mmmmm chocolate bark is one of my faves. I didn't know about the microwave method, thanks!

Aunt Bea, I'll top the ice cream I make with them, thank you for the thought.

PF, regular tea? or herbal stuff?

buckytom, really? Think it would work in my garden for neighborhood kitties? I know they like mint so it might have the opposite effect. And LOL to the chihuahuas!

Katie, ICE CREAM! Of course! Thanks!

blissful, mmmmm chocolate bark is one of my faves. I didn't know about the microwave method, thanks!

Aunt Bea, I'll top the ice cream I make with them, thank you for the thought.

PF, regular tea? or herbal stuff?

buckytom, really? Think it would work in my garden for neighborhood kitties? I know they like mint so it might have the opposite effect. And LOL to the chihuahuas!

I like it in black tea and especially like it stirred into Chamomile, kind of redundant in mint tea...:ROFLMAO: I know, no one likes a smart aleck!:angel:

If the peppermint sticks are porous, make Lemon Sticks! Just slice the top off of a cold lemon and insert the peppermint stick. Then...suck the lemon juice up through the stick. It's totally awesome. You see them at fairs and during Pimlico around here.

Kathleen, they're solid. Cool idea though.

Merstar, THANKS! That sounds like something I'm going to try.

Barbara, I like to stir hot chocolate with them too. mmmm.

I'm sort of looking for ways to use them that disguises them a bit. I mean really, its APRIL. Using candy canes for anything right now is going to raise eyebrows. I think they pretty much have to be crushed or otherwise completely disguised.

I have made a peppermint cake using a white cake mix, the crushed candy canes, You can add some peppermint extract to the batter if you want.

Ooooo! Dave I love that idea! I think I'll give it a go. What did you do for a topping? Anything? Do you think a cream cheese icing with crushed candy canes would work?

Ooooo! Dave I love that idea! I think I'll give it a go. What did you do for a topping? Anything? Do you think a cream cheese icing with crushed candy canes would work?

Dave, great idea!
Yes, do the cream cheese icing w/crushed candy canes. I'll be over for some later. ;)

Come on over! I'll put on some White Christmas tea and some carols too! ;)

:LOL: Thank you! I'll bring the presents and dress as santa's helper.;)

Have you ever had the creme de menthe brownies? They have the brownies layer, the green frosting layer and the chocolate layer on top.
Fudgy brownies topped with creme de menthe frosting (fairly thick), then topped with melted chocolate chips/butter, so it's like a candy coating when cooled?

What about the same thing, but, for the creme de mint frosting--substitute a peppermint frosting with crushed peppermint sticks in it?

Do you have the recipe for those? They sound incredible. Peppermint cake in the oven now!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom