My first ever cake. Please don't laugh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nerissa?
NERISSA?

She said she was single...

Just kidding. Cake looks great. The sprinkles make it.

Esoecially for a 5 y.o.....

Taking the time and putting in the effort to make something for her with your own hands is always a good thing. Good job!

My ex-wife loved it when I made her things for her birthday... as long as I didn't forget to buy her something with diamonds and sapphires. :rolleyes:

CD

Nerissa?
NERISSA?

She said she was single...

Just kidding. Cake looks great. The sprinkles make it.

Esoecially for a 5 y.o.....

BTW, just kidding. I re-read that, and it sounded mean.

No 5 year old likes meanies...

(kidding again)

Well done. With the girlfriend bit.

I mean cake.

Both.

Last edited:

(kidding again)

I mean cake.

Both.

In time, he will get used to the warped humor of some people here. :rolleyes:

Oh sorry, that would be humour in British. ;)

CD

(kidding again)

I mean cake.

Both.

:LOL: I didn’t mind at all!

If we can’t laugh at each other then the world would be a sad place!

Don’t forget, us Brits invented the sense of humour! :LOL:

:LOL: I didn’t mind at all!

If we can’t laugh at each other then the world would be a sad place!

Don’t forget, us Brits invented the sense of humour! :LOL:

Ssee, I can read and write in British. Just ad unnecessary letters and pronounce American words in a confusing way, and you have British. :LOL:

Now, excuse me, I need to put my flat tyre into the boot, and have it repaired. I hope they don't scratch my aluminium wheel. I should probably fill the tank with petrol while I am out. One trip, and Bob's your uncle.

CD ;)

PS: I drive a MINI CooperS -- in Texas. :ohmy:

Last edited:
Ssee, I can read and write in British. Just ad unnecessary letters and pronounce American words in a confusing way, and you have British. :LOL:

Now, excuse me, I need to put my flat tyre into the boot, and have it repaired. I hope they don't scratch my aluminium wheel. I should probably fill the tank with petrol while I am out. One trip, and Bob's your uncle.

CD ;)

PS: I drive a MINI CooperS -- in Texas. :ohmy:

:ohmy: Wow! Casey ! That is some mighty impressive British lingo y’all! :LOL:

This thread is cracking..

Attachments

• giphy.jpg
    giphy.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Gosh darn it! Yous guys crack me up!
I'm from an area called the Ottawa Valley..very rural and has deep Scottish and Irish influence..combine that with Canadian sensibilities (or in sensibilities) and you get quite a bit of slang that nobody outside our region understands..Kind of like the Yorkshire of Canada..
Probably why my son is engaged to a Dewsbury girl

Last edited:
I think you did a great job. Being a newbie here is some cooking starter hints. Always start with a clean kitchen and hands, read your recipe completely through first and then get your ingredients out, and follow the recipe as it is written, Clean as you go. Also if you not sure on something ask us, someone will always know the answer, There are no stupid questions. One final hint, don't be afraid to fail at a recipe, that's how you learn and just have fun.

she loved it by the way. No one had ever made a cake for her before so she didn't mind it being a bit childish and rough around the edges! :LOL:

How did the cake taste?

I've made a new recipe make a few notes about how successful the cake was. Did it taste great? was it hard to make? Is it worth trying again or is it time to move on to another recipe.. etc.

I am the cake baker at my house... I love cake - not the icing but the actual cake. Good cake is delicious and getting scarce these days.

Your cake looks great - it's fun and there will never be another exactly like it. Best of all you took the time to bake it just for her. Nice - thoughtful. :chef:

How did the cake taste?

I've made a new recipe make a few notes about how successful the cake was. Did it taste great? was it hard to make? Is it worth trying again or is it time to move on to another recipe.. etc.

I am the cake baker at my house... I love cake - not the icing but the actual cake. Good cake is delicious and getting scarce these days.

Your cake looks great - it's fun and there will never be another exactly like it. Best of all you took the time to bake it just for her. Nice - thoughtful. :chef:

Well it actually tasted a lot better than it looked!

I didn't really follow a recipe, my mum just told me how to make it over the phone. That was actually my second attempt because the first one was a bit hard and dry so I added a little milk to the mixture on the second go which made it turn out lovely and moist.

Back
Top Bottom