Old Hershey's choc mousse recipe w/rm temp egg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaBudLuvR

Assistant Cook
Used to have hershey's recipe using room temp eggs. Then they pulled it, stopped puttin' it out cuz a Big Scare about salmonella. had it in one of my books, but lost the book. Looking for years now. have done mousse with roon temp eggs for 30 years, but Really Like that recipes' ....."mix", ingredients .... just somthin' .... last time I knew it was cool to use, I got the 'Hershey's book' was '93 -- '94

Please and Thank You .....M--

Welcome to Discuss Cooking!
Let´s first address the problem of "eggs" and "salmonella". These days, most commercial eggs come from chickens that have been vaccinated against salmonella. Additionally, from what I´ve read, commercial eggs are often pasteurised, which kills off any bacteria.Most of the cases come from people who have chickens in their back yards. In 2019, 1,134 people went down with salmonella - in a population of 328,300,000. My suggestion is to make sure your eggs are (a) fresh (b) bought from a reliable source.
As for the chocolate mousse, I´ve never used a Hershey´s mix, but given the availability of excellent bean-to-bar chocolate these days, I´d avoid a ready made mixture and use the real thing.
This recipe comes from Jacques Pépin, an extremely accomplished chef .https://www.food.com/recipe/mousse-au-chocolat-chocolate-mousse-82175 Give it a go - it´s divine!

I have a Hershey's Chocolate Cookbook from 1989. There are several Mousse recipes in it. The Chocolate Mousse a l'Orange calls for 6 egg yolks and then 6 egg whites, both saying "at room temperature". Could that be the recipe you are looking to find? If so, let me know and I'll PM you with it. If not, do you remember the name of the recipe?

did not mean a pre packaged "mix" , just the recipe's "mix" sorry. always best eggs, rm temp only just ... just another 'scare'.

The 1989 recipe ---GinnyPNW--- Kiss-Kiss ..... Hug-Hug .!..!!...!!!
(forgot 'bout ... 'Grand Marnier' part) I loved ingr, amounts, just always a fav.
copy .??

Please and Thank You ...???

I just sent you a PM. Please let me know if the recipe showed up, because I'm not sure it did. If not, I'll figure out another way.

I have a Hershey's Chocolate Cookbook from 1989. There are several Mousse recipes in it. The Chocolate Mousse a l'Orange calls for 6 egg yolks and then 6 egg whites, both saying "at room temperature". Could that be the recipe you are looking to find? If so, let me know and I'll PM you with it. If not, do you remember the name of the recipe?
Long time …. Sorry.
I never did find a message. Do you by chance still have that book/recipe .??
My email is MaWebMaker at Gmail.com
Please and Thank You…..M~

Back
Top Bottom