Puff Pastry Tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masteraznchefjr

Sous Chef
Hello everyone,

I really suck at making puff pastry. It never turns out flaky and ends up like, I dunno ... similar to a tart.

I use equal parts of flour and butter by weight, but for water and salt quantity, I can never get it right.

For my recipe.
I use 250g water and butter and it calls for 1/2 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Somehow this isn't working and I do not want to waste anymore flour and butter from constantly trying to experiment.

Thanks !

Hello everyone,

I really suck at making puff pastry. It never turns out flaky and ends up like, I dunno ... similar to a tart.

I use equal parts of flour and butter by weight, but for water and salt quantity, I can never get it right.

For my recipe.
I use 250g water and butter and it calls for 1/2 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Somehow this isn't working and I do not want to waste anymore flour and butter from constantly trying to experiment.

Thanks !
Puff pastry is difficult to make. I purchase mine at the grocery store and it works just fine. Give it a try and see how you like it. It will be in the freezer case.
kadesma

I have made puff pastry quite a few times, but no more. I let DuFour do it for me! They use real butter, and the pastry is great quality. :)

Wow, you make your own puff pastry, wow.

Only for special occasions. I make my own croissants, too. Usually only when the star of the meal is puff pastry or croissant...otherwise I buy it already made. I got spoiled when I worked in the bakery and DH is a retired baker, he just doesn't know how to bake for household use. I once got home and he had made 24 loaves of bread...I only have 6 loaf pans, there was bread everywhere! And he was pulling out what was left of his hair!:ROFLMAO:

[. I once got home and he had made 24 loaves of bread...I only have 6 loaf pans, there was bread everywhere! And he was pulling out what was left of his hair!:ROFLMAO:[/QUOTE] That was awesome!!I love cooking big too but that takes the cake.:LOL:

That was awesome!!I love cooking big too but that takes the cake.:LOL:

He thought he had cut his recipe (144 loaves) down to a two loaf size. Since then I've handled all the homebaking chores.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom