Recipe - Easy on the pocket book Tiramisu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yakuta

Head Chef
I have made this version several times with rave reviews. It has no eggs and does not use mascarpone or marasala wine. I have shared it before but wanted to repost it once more.

I make two versions of this - traditional and tropical. Now with summer around the corner the tropical one is a big hit at family get togethers and BBQ's.

Traditional Tiramisu

Ladyfingers - I buy Savordii ones at a local ethnic market
80z block of cream cheese (regular or light are fine)
1/4 cup of sugar
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tsp of almond extract
2 cups of heavy cream (also called whipping cream)
Brewed and Cooled Coffee (about 4 cups)
Unsweetened cocoa powder (about 1/2 cup)

I beat the cream cheese with the sugar until it's light and fluffy. I then add the whipping cream and change to the wire whisk on my Kitchen Aid. This whips the cream even more. Add the extracts and beat it until the mixture is thick and light.

Now dip the ladyfingers in the coffee and layer it all in a glass dish. Layer with the cream and repeat layering the ladyfingers. Finish with the cream (use a spatula to spread evenly). Next sprinkle the surface liberally with the cocoa powder. Refrigerate it for preferably upto 12 hours prior to serving.

In the tropical version I use canned crushed pineapple (drained) and add that to the cream mixture after it's throroughly beaten. I also skip the almond extract in this version and instead use a pineapple or orange extract.

I use a combination of pineapple juice and orange juice to dip my ladyfingers instead of coffee.

I go through a similar layering process and then finish it off with grated white chocolate and segments of mandarin oranges.

Really easy and yummy.

So the basic difference is the cheese? Cream cheese instead of mascarpone? Oh, and the ladyfingers are not soaked in any alcohol either. This does look really easy and delicious. Thanks for posting it.

Back
Top Bottom