Snails for dessert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stassie

Senior Cook
I've attached a photo of a dessert I made for my wee brothers and sisters recently. It's a blurry cellphone photo, so it's not that great, but you can get the gist of the dessert. The kids loved it - snails for pudding!

To make it, microwave one packet of jelly (jello?) in 1/2 cup of water for 30 seconds. Add 1 1/2 cups marshmellows, and microwave for another minute until everything is melted. Pour into a well-greased square cake tin, and allow to set. Roll up, slice into individual 'snails', add marshmellow heads and liquorice antennae, and serve on chocolate pudding.

Kinda cute :)

Last edited:
I must admit I was worried when I clicked on this link. I mean, snails for dessert :sick:.

But these snails look great. Very cute.

I've attached a photo of a dessert I made for my wee brothers and sisters recently. It's a blurry cellphone photo, so it's not that great, but you can get the gist of the dessert. The kids loved it - snails for pudding!

To make it, microwave one packet of jelly (jello?) in 1/2 cup of water for 30 seconds. Add 1 1/2 cups marshmellows, and microwave for another minute until everything is melted. Pour into a well-greased square cake tin, and allow to set. Roll up, slice into individual 'snails', add marshmellow heads and liquorice antennae, and serve on chocolate pudding.

OMG, these are just too cute. I love it. Reminds me of a dessert I saw on the food netwook a couple of years ago. Cut 4 inch "rounds" of cheesecake with a cookie cutter. Make a depression in the middle and invert a canned apricot in the depression. Looks just like a fried egg. I envy creative people.

I'm going to have to make the snails for my card club.

these are adorable!!!!! they sure do beat out my "ants on a log" :LOL:
I'll have to try this sometime...thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom