Strawberries - what do you do with them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I bought a pound of gorgeous, organic strawberries and 1/2 litre of organic, 40% whipping cream. I will probably just serve the strawberries with whipped cream tonight.

What are your favourite ways to serve fresh strawberries?

With whipped cream & angel food cake :D

I also like making strawberry cheesecake muffins - I make regular strawberry muffins, fill the muffin tins 1/2 full, put a small cube of cream cheese in each one, then top with the remaining batter

I bought a pound of gorgeous, organic strawberries and 1/2 litre of organic, 40% whipping cream. I will probably just serve the strawberries with whipped cream tonight.

What are your favourite ways to serve fresh strawberries?
We love bruschetta it's so yummy. just cut up or crush clean berries with a tater masher or even a fork, add a little sugar and a drizzle of water or lemon juice, then top the toasted sliced bread with the mashed berries now sprinkle with sugar then put the bread and berries under the broiler and carmelize the sugar. Then eat with a nice cold drink sparkling wine or ice tea and enjoy.
kades:yum:

Try preserves. I just defrosted some of the best strawberry preserves, cleaning out the freezer, that I've made in ages. These are from DH's strawb overbuying in May. May have to (shudder, I despise baking) bake a cake or some muffins, there's way too much to eat. They're sloppy, so am also thinking about boiling them down again and making jam, maybe adding some pectin.

Last edited:
If not strawberry shortcake, then I just eat them. They never make it to the freezer. :angel:

Last edited:
Oh, the dark chocolate Philly cream cheese would be good too!

I like to make Bisquick shortcake, and serve it hot with cold mascerated strawberries and whipped cream.

I usually eat them plain but I rarely turn down a dessert with strawberries. I'm not a baker myself!

Steve Kroll said:
I make wine out of them. A few years ago, I found a great deal on frozen strawberries and bought 60 lbs of them - enough to make 10 gallons of strawberry wine. :yum:

Yum! Much better than Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill from the HS daze....

I serve them two ways, one as an appetizer.....

Fresh halved berries drizzled with a good quality Balsamic vinegar..........

and another as a prelude to the dessert course............
Fresh halved berries in a citrus juice, such as mango , orange, etc.
Both of these in a Champagne glass.

I make wine out of them. A few years ago, I found a great deal on frozen strawberries and bought 60 lbs of them - enough to make 10 gallons of strawberry wine. :yum:
I love that idea, steve.
I like to make a berry smoothie with strawberries, a frozen banana, frozen blueberries, peaches, almond milk, pomegranate juice, and flaxseed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom