"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Tempura to keep alcohol in?

I recently came across this recipe: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...UXUg8trf4TUbjQ
but I know high temps cook out alcohol fast. Would a tempura batter keep the alcohol in? Kind of like how fried ice cream isnt even melted.

argivez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by argivez View Post
I recently came across this recipe: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...UXUg8trf4TUbjQ
but I know high temps cook out alcohol fast. Would a tempura batter keep the alcohol in? Kind of like how fried ice cream isnt even melted.

Hi argivez, and welcome to Discuss Cooking. That looks like a fun recipe to try but I'm not sure of the answer to your question. I bet someone else will know and be along soon. I think I'd enjoy several of them and see how happy I get.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:37 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Hi argivez and Welcome.

I'm with Kayelle on this one. You can only try and see.

Sort of interested in why you are asking. Are you wanting the alcohol to disappear or still be there.

Because of the speed of 'toasting' I rather think that although a lot of the alcohol will dissipate I doubt that all of it will. Certainly not enough would remain to be a problem, on the other hand believe enough of it would remain for flavour.

Not something I would make a highlight of for kids ...and adults will already be well "into it" to probably not notice!
Old 05-03-2020, 10:43 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by argivez View Post
Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking

It's called Fried Tequila SHOTS. I'm gonna guess that the alcohol is part of the point of this one

Tags
alcohol, other