Thanksgiving Desserts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey RAY!!! I have missed seeing you posting on here. Welcome back! OK, Audeo and mudbug, I am starting a new thread with my recipe. It is traditionally my husband's birthday cake, because I am frequently too cheap to buy the raspberries and we have a TON of them out back on his birthday.

Mudbug, we will keep bumping the post til you get back and post your recipe.

those cupcake cheese cakes sound really good to me too...i didnt see it before when you posted it, can you post the recipie?

and all these others sound wondrful. I think i am having 3 desserts but i have all the other on hand because they sound great!

Here is another of our favorites.

PIG PICKIN' CAKE
1 box Duncan Hines golden cake mix
1 cube butter, melted
1/4 c. oil
4 eggs
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges and juice

Combine the cake mix, butter, oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Stir in the undrained oranges. Beat well. Pour into three greased 9- inch round pans. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. until done.
ICING:

2 envelopes Dream Whip
1 (5.5 oz) box vanilla instant pudding
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, slightly drained

Prepare Dream Whip according to directions on box. Fold in pudding and pineapple. Ice cake layers and stack one atop the other. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Cake is better if made the day before serving.

After much mental teeth gnashing about Turkey day dessert (some don't like pumpkin, some don't like nuts, one doesn't really like desserts unless he's really, really tempted!), I finally came up with something I think will make everyone happy -

Pear-Almond Tart

1 pie crust, fitted into either an 8 or 10 inch tart pan & chilled
4-6 slightly ripe pears (not rock hard, but not mushy-ripe, either)*
Almond pastry cream
Sliced almonds
apricot jam

Almond pastry cream filling

1 box – 7 oz almond paste
2T melted butter
2T flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs

Grate almond paste on large hole side of grater into mixing bowl. Add sugar, flour, egg, and butter. Beat on high until smooth. Some small flecks of almond paste will remain. Mix in flour.

* Peel the pears, and cut in half lengthwise; use a scoop to scoop out the innards, and lay the half cut side down on the cutting board; Cut thin even slices all the way down the pear, then pick it up gently and place it on the pastry cream, fanning it out a little as you lay it down. Repeat with remaining pear halves til the entire surface of the tart is covered.

Place filling in pie crust; add fruit; bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees; turn oven down to 350 and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Cool and finish with melted preserves.

marmalady said:
After much mental teeth gnashing about Turkey day dessert (some don't like pumpkin, some don't like nuts, one doesn't really like desserts unless he's really, really tempted!), I finally came up with something I think will make everyone happy -

Hmmm...I recognize the frustration! The joys of holiday baking!!!

This tart looks absolutely lovely, marmalady.

(copying...pasting...) 8)

Back
Top Bottom