Use leftover ganache?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cctrayders

Assistant Cook
I made a cake, a Too Much Chocolate Cake. It was absolutely delicious! I also made chocolate ganache to top it, but I didn't use all the ganache. I put it in a small bowl in the fridge. Can I just heat it in the microwave and re-use it as a spread on butter croissants? Or does anyone have suggestions re what NOT to do to re-use it? I did read not to put it in the freezer, for example!
Thanks in advance.

What's leftover ganache...:ROFLMAO:

Yes, roll into balls and make truffles, roll in chopped nuts or sprinkles.

Melt and top ice cream

That was going to be my suggestion as well. If the mixture is a bit slack to roll then mix in either some dessicated coconut, or crushed up amoretti biscuits ( I may have spelt that wrong but basically macaroons)
Another suggestion would be hot sauce over ice-cream and pears as in 'Belle Pear Helene'

I've read this thread title several times now, and I just can't quite understand it. I don't think I've ever seen the words 'leftover' and 'ganache' used together before! ;)

Ok ok. I now see how silly a question that was! I did take it to work in a small bowl, heat it to soften and many had some spread on croissants. Very tasty. But I had never made ganache before and will do it again! I think I'll do it with strawberries next. AND use some as Truffles. I bought some Lindor Dark chocolate truffles recently and this ganache tastes just as good. Thanks for all the ideas that maybe I should have thought of myself! LOL I won't have to ask about "leftover" ganache every again. :yum:

what's the recipe?

Could you give your recipe for Too Much Chocolate Cake? It sounds wonderful! :yum:

(I personally don't believe there is such a thing as too much chocolate. . . )

Too much Chocolate cake

I got the recipe for the Too Much Chocolate Cake recipe on the allrecipes site. There is a video, too. It does start with a bought cake mix, and you add to it. I prefer scratch cakes, too, but this is a pretty good recipe! I think it would be great serving them like "brownies" without any icing, too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom