Vanilla Polenta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansasgirl

Senior Cook
Most people think of polenta as a savory dish, but it can make increidble desserts. Here is a favorite.

Vanilla Polenta
4 c Milk
pinch of Salt
1 Vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped
1 c Finely ground cornmeal
1/2 c Sugar
1 ts Pure vanilla extract
1/4 c Mascarpone cheese
Mascarpone cheese for garnish
Strawberry preserves for garnish

1.Combine the milk, salt, vanilla bean pulp, and vanilla pod in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer.
2.Slowly add the cornmeal, stirring constantly, and cook, continuing to stir for 5-7 minutes.
3.Remove the pan from the heat, remove the vanilla pod, and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. Gently stir in the 1/4 c Mascarpone. Allow polenta to sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Serve the polenta warm in dessert dishes topped with a spoonful of Mascarpone and preserves.

kansasgirl, you have the coolest recipes. The problem is I can't decide which to make first, although this one is right on up there.

Many belated thanks for all your input.

Hmm. It helps to make it creamy. Maybe cream cheese or ricotta that has been drained very well. Perhaps even well-drained yogurt (yogurt cheese). I have not tried this, but give it a whirl - that is the fun in cooking!. I suppose you could always just leave it out - there is not that much it has lots of great flavor from the vanilla.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom