What is your favorite Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calya

Senior Cook
My favorite is creme brulee. I order it at every restaurant I go to that offers it, and it's amazing that no two have ever been alike.

Gosh, do I even have a favorite, I like it all. If I'm dining out
though I usually order the creme brulee or cheesecake. I do
like the bread pudding but I like it more custardy than most
places do it. If I'm at a Diner, its the pie that'll get to me.
Usually don't order a cake for dessert.

As far as American stuff goes it would hae to be cheese cake, apple pie and pecan pie. But in all the truth. American deserts are so far behind Europian and Russian ones that there is nothing to talk about

As far as American stuff goes it would hae to be cheese cake, apple pie and pecan pie. But in all the truth. American deserts are so far behind Europian and Russian ones that there is nothing to talk about
OK, Charlie, I'm willing to expand my horizons a little. What are your favorite non-American desserts?

I've never met a dessert I didnt like. My favorites are:
chocolate mousse
banana pudding
cheesecake (any variety)

I love baked custard, chocolate bread pudding, panna cotta and home made cream puffs

kadesma:)

Fisher's Mom, you have to try aking them, they're easy! I've made so many, I'm actually tired of them. I' m not a great dessert eater, but White Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce really does it for me!!!! Actually, even plain old Bread Pudding is great!!

Any well-made desert will work, except things with candied citrus peel, or mint. Though I love a great cake, usually, the icings let me down. That's why I make my own. Any kind of pie gets me drooling. Cheesecakes, love them enough that I had to learn to make them just right. Ice creams, vanilla is my standard, but strawberry cheesecake is my favorite. Love bread pudding, all kinds of cooked puddings and custards, flan, love coblers, betty's, and crisps. Love various cookies and pastries.

There are no true favorites. I love most deserts.

Sadly, I have to eat all of them in extreme moderation. But that jsut makes them more prescious when I do get to have a bit of desert.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Like Toots, I've never met a dessert I didn't like. Having said that, my taste buds usually require chocolate of some manner.:rolleyes:

Which reminds me...a friend and I had lunch at a new restaurant today. We split a great dessert:

A thick piece of pound cake, toasted, then topped with a nice scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, and served with a side of lightly grilled banana, which was also drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauce. Really yummy.

We "played" with it and decided that a dusting of coarsely chopped hazel nuts and some rum would make the dessert weally, weally yummy!:LOL:

OMG, home made cream puffs????? I've never had any but they are at the top of my list now anyway!!!
Terry I make them for my oldest son for his birthday every year and for different times during the year..All the kids love them and I love to surprise them..Only problem, keeping them out of the whipped cream so I can fill the puffs:LOL:
kadesma:)

Cream puffs are awesome and sooooo easy to make.

When I was a child, I had a Halloween party. My mother made cream puffs and tinted the whipped cream filling orange, then topped them with a dollop of dark chocolate frosting. Black and orange. They were scarfed up in a hurry.

Geez. Now I NEED to make some cream puffs.:ohmy:

Do you make them with the choux pastry dough I keep reading posts about? That looks like something I could do. But the filling - is it just straight whipped cream? Can I use the squirt kind? Otherwise, how do I get it in the little puff?

Yes. But what happens during baking is that the puffs form a "cave" inside, which can be moist. One way to eliminate some of the moisture is to cut a slit in them just after baking to allow some of the steam to escape.

Once cooled, slice open, horizontally, and scoop out some of the inside, if necessary. Then, fill. Yes, you can use squirt whipping cream, but it is much richer and tastes better if you make your own whipped cream filling.

Don't be intimidated. They are quite easy to make and once you make your first batch, you'll be hooked.

Thanks ya'll. Now that I know you cut the top off, it makes more sense. I was visualizing something like and eclair or a twinkie with a little hole.

I generally use heavy whipping cream, but I keep the squirt stuff on hand because it delights Fisher when I occasionally tell him to open his mouth and close his eyes!

(Elf keeps it in her fridge too but I think she uses it for other things.:brows:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom