What is Your Favorite Thing to Bake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite thing to bake?

• Cookies

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Cake

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Bread

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Muffins etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • All baking

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • I prefer cooking!

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just about all baking, except not so much cookies...doing the same thing over and over again. I really like to make knot shaped dinner rolls, flan, and cheesecake. Layer cakes are fun, too. And brownies...I like dusting them with podered sugar.

Robo410 said:
southern bacon buttermilk cornbread ... no sugar! such a crunch and depth of flavor!
Do we have the recipe for that one yet, robo?

I chose "All Baking" - seems I bake dessert at least 5x/week plus all the baking/cooking for each day's meals. Makes for a nice after-dinner goodie plus I use some for the kids' lunchboxes. I love to bake cookies, pies, cakes.... you name it!

I love to bake. I like to cook too but I think that that baking is more like a science project and I'm always fascinated and proud when my cheesecake/cookies/brownies/cakes/pies, etc turns out well.

Really everything. Although it depends on my "phase." Sometimes it's bread. Sometimes it's cookies, cakes, etc. With me it is just how the wind blows.

And, yes, Robo410, there's nothing like cornbread with the bacon flavor. I make mine by heating my cast-iron skillet in the oven, then add some saved bacon drippings. Let them melt. Once melted, I whisk the slurry of melted bacon fat into my batter. The batter is next poured into the hot skillet to be baked to crusty perfection. Omigod. Yummy. Or as Emeril would say, "It's a pork fat thing." Yahoo. You bet!

Last edited:
I especially like to bake breads. My daughter's husband is a bread freak. She doesn't have the time like me to bake so I do it for her. And I love baking cookies with my grandchildren. Everyone has a great time creating with cookie dough!

I chose cake, I really think there is something about taking a cake out of the oven....although it was a decision between that and all baking. My criteria is I love giving it away, I bake to give mainly!

i have never baked anything that didn't come in a box, unless you count helping dw make apple pies for a holiday or gathering.

however, from a box, i like to make brownies with various nuts in them. :chef:

I prefer cooking mostly, baking bread I class as part of that too, but Baking Proper it would have to be Snikerdoodles.
don`t ask, but it`s Like a cookie with cinamon in it, I got the recipe when I was about 8 years old, in a recipe book done by kids for kids in Calgary Canada, I Still have the recipe book and it`s Still about the only thing I Can bake without error (yet).

Back
Top Bottom