What is your ultimate dessert? (Multiple choice)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your ultimate dessert? (Multiple Choice)

• Total voters

SierraCook

Master Chef
Although I don't eat much dessert it is one of my favorite things to eat. Every once in awhile I will treat myself to a totally mouthwatering to die for dessert.

What is your ultimate favorite dessert?

1. Something ooey gooey and chocolatey like mousse

2. Mom's homemade pie of any flavor

3. Cheesecake of any variety

4. Tiramisu or creme brulee

5. Huge bowl of your favorite ice cream with toppings

6. Cookies

7. Cream puffs, eclairs, tarts, etc.

8. Puddings or custards

9. Cake

10. Other (I am sure I forgot something.)

Well phooey. I voted before I realized I could pick more than one item. DANG IT! I picked other because I really enjoy fruit and cheese after dinner BUT, all that other stuff is high on my list of yummy things.

One of my desserts that I can never resist is Deep, Dark Chocolate Cake. It is made from scratch and has a rich buttercream frosting. A friend of mine makes cheesecakes of many flavors. My favorite of hers is a white chocolate frangelica cheesecake topped with raspberries. It was like Heaven. My mom and I once shared a tiramisu dessert in a restaurant. It was so good that I could have eaten the whole dessert by myself. There is something about cream puffs that I cannot resist. There is not much to them, but if I see one in a bakery I just cannot resist getting at least one.

I'm a sucker for spice cake with brown sugar fudge icing. Or lazy daisy oatmeal cake. Oooooooooo...just made a carrot cake that was so moist and tender you wouldn't believe it. I should post that recipe. Mmmmm...chocolate fondue with strawberries so sweet and juicy...*Homer drool happening*

Alix said:
Well phooey. I voted before I realized I could pick more than one item. DANG IT! I picked other because I really enjoy fruit and cheese after dinner BUT, all that other stuff is high on my list of yummy things.

One of my favorite restaurants serves a dry Monterey Jack cheese for dessert. It is the perfect ending for an excellent meal. This restaurant is known for not skimping on the portions, so any other dessert would be a bit much.

Well, I voted for just about everything on the list, as I am known for having an extreme sweet-tooth. ROFL, I could never work in a pastry kitchen, as I would balloon out to about 500 lbs so quickly!

One thing, I voted for "Other" as there was no listing for sopapillas. I just love them, fried fresh to order! Especially with that honey-butter sauce that Don Pablos uses!

yoink!!! i thought it was a single vote too. :neutral:

i voted for tiramisu and creme brulee. i thought this to be an odd pairing to be a group, considering the prep and ingredients, but they happen to be my faves that i order at every chance, and thankfully are on many restaurants' menus.

All of the above and then some!

Come on now. The real question is, "Is there a dessert you don't like?" The answer is, "No!".

AllenMI said:
Well, I voted for just about everything on the list, as I am known for having an extreme sweet-tooth. ROFL, I could never work in a pastry kitchen, as I would balloon out to about 500 lbs so quickly!

One thing, I voted for "Other" as there was no listing for sopapillas. I just love them, fried fresh to order! Especially with that honey-butter sauce that Don Pablos uses!

Allen, I debated about putting sopapillas on the list. I see that I should have. Like you I also like sopapillas. Another favorite of mine is churros. See the dessert list is endless.

buckytom said:
yoink!!! i thought it was a single vote too. :neutral:

i voted for tiramisu and creme brulee. i thought this to be an odd pairing to be a group, considering the prep and ingredients, but they happen to be my faves that i order at every chance, and thankfully are on many restaurants' menus.

I agree bucky, that their ingredients and prep are different. But they are just as equally enticing to the taste buds. Yum!!

ah ha! A poll after my own heart! Thanks, Sierra!

I didn't want to vote for everything, so I voted for all except the ice cream. Note: it says "with all the toppings". I'd like it if it said "all the bottomings"...such as a hot brownie bottom!
gee....wonder why I'm craving chocolate now........

I'm a bit of a tiramisu snob. I made so much of it when I worked for the local high-end Italian restaurant that I developed a taste for the good stuff. It's been years since I worked there, and I couldn't make it myself now without a recipe in front of me, but I know the right thing when I see and taste it. It's always the dessert I try at a new restaurant that offers it.:)

phinz said:
I'm a bit of a tiramisu snob. I made so much of it when I worked for the local high-end Italian restaurant that I developed a taste for the good stuff. It's been years since I worked there, and I couldn't make it myself now without a recipe in front of me, but I know the right thing when I see and taste it. It's always the dessert I try at a new restaurant that offers it.:)

Oh please oh please tell us your recipe!:chef:

Mom's homemade pie of any flavor
Cheesecake of any variety
Tiramisu or creme brulee
Cream puffs, eclairs, tarts, etc.
Puddings or custards
Cake

my choices

I melt for anything with CHOCOLATE and I also love fruit tarts and pies, especially apple and peach pie and/or cobbler. I'm a fruit lover and if I can manage to drizzle some chocolate on it, even better.

jkath said:
Oh please oh please tell us your recipe!:chef:

I had it committed to memory 16 years ago when I worked there, but I've had a few too many drinks since. :LOL: I can't remember *anything* about it except for the coffee liqueur, espresso, ladyfingers and mascarpone cheese. I don't remember measurements or other ingredients.

Heck, I'm lucky I remember last night's cheesecake tart recipe. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom