What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lazy Engineer....that cake is a thing of beauty. :ohmy::yum: Looks delish!

RR, I think I'd spread that cream cheese/sugar mix on some toast - yum. I remember you saying you don't use much bread though....at least I think it was you. :)

I don't, and I also don't have a toaster. My way of making toast involves putting bread under a broiler, waiting forever for it to turn brown, and then walking away just as it starts burning. :LOL:

I had a bowl of fresh pineapple. I had bought a 'golden' pineapple, they're supposed to be sweeter. Carved it up and sectioned it. Boy, it's about as sweet as I've ever had.

I gave my grandson a piece and, based on the face he made, you would have thought I was trying to poison him. Oh well, MFM.

One of my favourite desserts is slices of fresh pineapple soaked in vodka.

I suffer with heartburn and the vodka seems to remove the acidity.

Method

- slice the fresh pineapple and arrange the slices in a flat dish.
- pour the vodka over thepineapple
- top each slice with mixed berries
- cover with cling film and refidgerate for a min of 12 hours

The mixed berries should bleed into the centre of the pineapple rings and looks really pretty! I use blackberries I grew in my garden and then froze for occasions such as these.

I made a chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache frosting. That and some ice cream will be dessert today to celebrate by eldest's birthday.

CAKE!
I LOVE cake, any sort really!
As we are in a rental for the foreseeable 3-6 months ARRRGGGH! :evil:
where there is NO BAKING equipment what so ever, and DH has forbidden me from purchasing any, I feel it will ONLY be Ice Cream from the supermarket and commercial baked goods.
HMMM,
there's always Costco...

CAKE!
I LOVE cake, any sort really!
As we are in a rental for the foreseeable 3-6 months ARRRGGGH! :evil:
where there is NO BAKING equipment what so ever, and DH has forbidden me from purchasing any, I feel it will ONLY be Ice Cream from the supermarket and commercial baked goods.
HMMM,
there's always Costco...

Do you have a microwave? There are all kinds of recipes for microwave mug cakes these days...

GG, this rental just has VERY BASIC stuff. We have a micro, and a range, A large fry pan, A 2 quart saucepan and 2 plates, 2 coffee mugs (small), 2 water glasses, 2 juice glasses, 2 forks, 2 spoons .... you get the idea.
This is the landlords first go at at a "vacation rental".
Prior to us moving from Hawaii to Arizona, we put our place up as a vacation rental, mainly so that when we came to AZ we had a REAL home to come to.
So I know what needs to be here, and let me tell you, it's not here.
Oh well ...

Last edited:
I've not made this as good honey is so expensive - $15 a quart from my beekeeping friends. But I know it's good, no, great honey, locally sourced, and processed as minimally as possible. Ok. I figured out as a child tht if you spread honey on a piece of bread, thickly, and let it soak in, the bread becomes mildly crunchy, and that texture with the flavor of good honey is a treat to me. My idea is to takek bread cubes, and just soak them in a bowl of honey, then serve them up as you would a fondue, with those at the table simply taking out some chunks to place on their desert plates. So you would have honey cubes, maybe with fresh strawberies, or ripe muskmelon cubes. I'd say honeydew but we never get ripe honeydew in out stores.

Does this sound good to anyone but me? Has anyone tried such a desert? Curious minds want to know.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Tiramisu cheesecake with Kahlua, vanilla extract, espresso powder, Penzeys Indonesian cinnamon and Penzeys cocoa powder. Made in my Instant Pot multicooker.

Attachments

• 1466358447528.jpg
    1466358447528.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 1466358461622.jpg
    1466358461622.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 199
:yum: GG. Tiramisu is DH's absolute favorite dessert. Your cheesecake is lovely!

Last edited:
Driving by a farm market yesterday I spotted some strawberries, and came home with about a pound. And walnuts were buy one get one free at the grocery store. Plus I have some pie dough left over from Friday's chicken pot pie, so I'm thinking the world wants me to make strawberry walnut pie.

GG, your tiramisu cheesecake looks and sounds wonderful! :yum:

ereh...looking forward to hearing about your strawberry-walnut pie. Yum.

I had one of my grandson's orange popsicles for dessert this evening. ;) :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom