"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2020, 06:06 AM   #721
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
Attachment 42475

MMM!
From my haul at Cost Plus World Market the other day.
I'd never had a Madeleine before ...
I make Madeleine's at least once a month! Partial payment to my neighbour to keep him sweet for the help that he gives me.

Siimple because you make the batter day before, shove it in the fridge, bake off the next day. (this is one of the pans that I use "butter" to grease - yum)

Absolutely the best when fresh... 2nd day is good too but day of....
Old 10-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #722
Wannabe TV Chef

I made DH & his Buddy (who's from Hawaii and is visiting with us for a few days) Hot Fudge Sundaes with the works! Vanilla Ice Cream, homemade Hot Fudge Sauce, Whipped Cream, Chocolate Jimmies and a Maraschino Cherry on top! (I didn't get a photograph, `cuz they were melting FAST)
I even got out my Ice Cream Sundae dishes and the long handled spoons.
Our friend was like a little kid again!
"Where did you buy these ice cream dishes from Sis?"
I gifted him two.

Our friend is a single guy who doesn't make alot of things for himself, so he said that it was such a treat to come and hang with us.
DH said, we eat well here in Auntie Doni's Kitchen, don't we?!
Kaneohegirlinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:10 PM   #723
Wannabe TV Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
I make Madeleine's at least once a month! Partial payment to my neighbour to keep him sweet for the help that he gives me.

Siimple because you make the batter day before, shove it in the fridge, bake off the next day. (this is one of the pans that I use "butter" to grease - yum)

Absolutely the best when fresh... 2nd day is good too but day of....
I've never made my own dragn, and only eaten them less than a handful of times. I saw a recipe on Pinterest for Chocolate dipped Madeleines!
Kaneohegirlinaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dessert, recipe

What's For Dessert? [ATTACH]22121[/ATTACH] We don't have dessert [I]every night[/I], but when we do, I do it up! I made [URL="https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-details.aspx?id=98"]Hershey's Best Brownies[/URL], sans the Creamy Frosting this time (DH loves that!) topped with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and [URL="https://www.amazon.com/Hersheys-Peppermint-Sundae-Syrup-Bottle/dp/B008J5G1DI"]Hershey's York Peppermint Sundae Syrup[/URL] MMM! How about you, what did you have? 3 stars 1 reviews