What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
View attachment 42475

MMM!
From my haul at Cost Plus World Market the other day.
I'd never had a Madeleine before ...

I make Madeleine's at least once a month! Partial payment to my neighbour to keep him sweet for the help that he gives me.

Siimple because you make the batter day before, shove it in the fridge, bake off the next day. (this is one of the pans that I use "butter" to grease - yum)

Absolutely the best when fresh... 2nd day is good too but day of.... :ohmy:

I made DH & his Buddy (who's from Hawaii and is visiting with us for a few days) Hot Fudge Sundaes with the works! Vanilla Ice Cream, homemade Hot Fudge Sauce, Whipped Cream, Chocolate Jimmies and a Maraschino Cherry on top! (I didn't get a photograph, `cuz they were melting FAST)
I even got out my Ice Cream Sundae dishes and the long handled spoons.
Our friend was like a little kid again!
"Where did you buy these ice cream dishes from Sis?"
I gifted him two.

Our friend is a single guy who doesn't make alot of things for himself, so he said that it was such a treat to come and hang with us.
DH said, we eat well here in Auntie Doni's Kitchen, don't we?! :LOL:

I make Madeleine's at least once a month! Partial payment to my neighbour to keep him sweet for the help that he gives me.

Siimple because you make the batter day before, shove it in the fridge, bake off the next day. (this is one of the pans that I use "butter" to grease - yum)

Absolutely the best when fresh... 2nd day is good too but day of.... :ohmy:

I've never made my own dragn, and only eaten them less than a handful of times. I saw a recipe on Pinterest for Chocolate dipped Madeleines!

Christmas Eve Dessert

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Fresh Apple Crostata with Tillamook Oregon Hazelnut and Salted Caramel Ice Cream, the perfect combination!

we are still baking. We have to make the Toll House cookies, and the date-filled cookies yet, not to mention the hamentashen. DD made a homemade brioche as well Next week it's french bread time. I'll use the King Arthur recipe, and technique.

Getting ready to eat roulade and buttered snow peas for dinner.

Merry Holidays to everyone.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

View attachment 45245

Santa put these in our Christmas Stockings for me to bake off.

I made just one of them, the Brownie Mix, and topped it
with a generous scoop of Tillamook Hazelnut Salted Caramel
Ice Cream.
:yum:
Very yummy!!

K-Girl, that looks really nummy! I love baking in my Cast iron. I haven't done brownies but I have done cornbread, coffeecake, and pie!

We're going to a last time Card Game Afternoon tomorrow with
Neighbors-Two-Doors-Down ... they've sold their home and are
leaving for their new home in another State on Tuesday.

I've made these as one of the Sweet Treats to share

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows with
Graham Cracker Crumbs (think S'mores)
and candy sprinkles

I made "rødgrød" with cherries. It's sort of a fruit pudding. It was pretty good. It's the first time I tried it with cherries and the first time I used potato starch as the thickener. It worked well. We had some last night and there seems to be enough for another four servings.

Back
Top Bottom