Bailey's Irish Cream Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansasgirl

Senior Cook
These are incredible - definitely not a 'kiddie' treat!

Bailey's Irish Cream Bars
1 1/2 c Flour
3/4 ts Baking powder
1/4 ts Salt
2/3 c Butter, softened
3/4 c Brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 ts Vanilla
2 Eggs
1/2 c Bailey's Irish Cream
1 c Pecans, chopped and toasted
1/2 c White chocolate chips
1/2 c Chocolate chips, semisweet
Frosting:
3 1/2 c Powdered sugar
6 tb Butter, softened
1 ts Vanilla
1/3 c Bailey's Irish Cream (more or less as needed)
Pecan halves (for garnish)

Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 9x13 pan.
Bars:
1.Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2.Beat together butter, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beat well.
3.Alternately stir in flour mixture and Bailey's until well blended. Stir in nuts, white chips and chocolate chips. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
4.Bake 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Frosting:
1.Beat sugar, vanilla, butter and 3 tb Bailey's until smooth. Add enough Bailey's to make smooth, creamy frosting.
2.Spread over cooled cookies in pan. Let set before cutting into 24 squares. Top each square with a pecan half.

These sound great, Kansasgirl--thanks! Have you ever tried them without nuts? My hubby isn't a big fan, but would love everything else in these bars.

I have not, but surely they would taste fine without. You could sub something else - marshmallows or extra chips maybe. I have also made them into Rum Raisin Bars by adding raisins for the white chips, and they are to die for.

YUMMMMMY! Can you have a batch sent to me by morning? I think they'd be great with my morning cup of coffee.

There's about 1/3--1/2 c of Bailey's in the frosting that isn't baked. You can really taste the Baileys, too, which doesn't seem to appeal to kids.

I've made these a couple times since kansasgirl posted the recipe and always get tons of requests for the recipe. They're always a hit!

OK, I'm making these today! I may up the chocolate chips to 1C. since I don't have any white choc. chips & I don't feel like going to the store.

I made tham & they are ready to eat. But since I have to pick the kids up from school, I decided to wait before trying any. You know, just in case I like them too much & eat the whole pan!:ROFLMAO: I did taste the icing & all I can say is YUMMY! Thanks kansasgirl!:)

These are excellent, Sierra! I've made them several times, and always get requests for the recipe. I always say I'd like to try adding some cocoa powder, but haven't yet--the original's just too good to experiment!

the Bailey's Irish Cream Bars were a big hit I made them for a Chirstmas gift and she love them!!!

Back
Top Bottom