Blueberry Cream Cheese stuffed Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grumblebee

Contest Winner
Okay... I'm back with the recipe, Alix. :) (I dont know if you are even interested, but I'll post it anyway) This recipe includes the brownie batter, but I'm sure you could use your favourite brownie batter recipe and then just use the blueberry cream cheese filling with it.

GrumbleBee's Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed Brownies

Ingredients for brownies:

1/5 cup butter
1 cup chopped dark chocolate
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs (I've tried with less and the texture isnt as nice)
1 and 1/2 cups regular, white flour
1/2 tsp salt

Ingredients for blueberry cream cheese filling:

1 and 3/4 cup softened plain cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
Blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed... measurements are up to you... i think i use about 1 and 1/2 cups)

Directions:
Make the Cream Cheese filling first.
Blend the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a mixer until smooth and creamy. Then add half the blueberries and blend some more. This should break the blueberries down a bit and start oozing out the juices, so that you get that luscious purple colour. When that is done, stir through the remaining blueberries so that they stay whole in the mix. Add more blueberries at this stage if you wish, I did. Set mix aside.

To make the brownie mix. Blend eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a mixer until light and fluffy. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the chocolate, stir over a low heat until smooth and glossy. Beat chocolate butter mixture into the egg mixture. Lastly stir in the flour and salt. You should have a gorgeous sweet chocolate batter.

Next it is all about the layering. Put half the chocolate mixture into a lined slice pan and spread out evenly. Then add all your cream cheese filling across the top of the chocolate mixture, spread that out to make a nice even layer. Then add the last of the chocolate mixture on top. Spread out evenly. The cream cheese filling might mix a little with the chocolate mixture - that's okay! Then bake in an oven for 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow them to cool completely in the oven. Lastly dust with some icing sugar and your done.

They are so good!

Its blueberry season again...anyone make this beauty? I think I'm going to give it a whirl on Thursday afternoon.

Decadence! Be gone with you!
I'd eat the entire pan of these things!
IN ONE SITTING.

oink. they sound great.

Alright! I give up! I'm heading out to the store to get the ingredients to make these today.

Because this post was bumped it reminded a couple of people of me and got a couple PMs today. (my email is set so that when I get a PM from here at DC, i get an email reminder to check my inbox) Anyway, so i got an email today letting me know of the new PMs, which is why I am popping in. :)

I know I've not been around much... been so busy with travelling, working, etc. Life, hey? it never stops. LOL. Glad to be back though... forgot how much I missed everyone here and the great community. (not to mention, recipes!)

Anyway, getting back OT, I hope you guys got a chance to make these brownies. It's funny that this post was bumped actually because I was planning on making these with Saskatoon berries! I went out to the Pick-Your-Own sasksatoon berry farm this weekend and whew! I am stocked for a good while for berries and berry related products! Hehe.. good thing I'll never get sick of saskatoons... mmm. (ever had saskatoon berry syrup on fresh waflles? OMG.. pure heaven!)

Let me know if you try these and what you think. :)

~GB

I knew they would be good, but not that GOOD! Made them yesterday, gone today. I was only eating what was left as I cut the brownies and served them. They are so GOOD! Thanks to you Alix, for bringing this recipe to our attention. With a cold glass of milk, wow! And I am trying to watch my weight. I am thankful I don't have to go to the doctor soon and you better believe I will forget about getting on any scale.

I knew grumblebee would make a good one and thanks to her for sharing. Just so GOOD!

Yay! I'm so glad you tried them and enjoyed them. :)

~GBee

Good to see you GBee! Hope you come around often. I understand work comes first. However, you know we appreciate you and are always thinking of you.

The recipe is unique as I had to question about the temp. What temp. did you bake yours? Left in the oven to cool so really something I wondered about. Is this one of your originals? Blueberries are one of the families favorite. They prefer fresh fruit in recipe. Thanks

Oh my

I just got done making a batch of orange chocolate squares or else I would have made these today! I just might do it anyway! My goodness this sounds amazing!:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom