Butterscotch Fudgebars Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chopstix

Head Chef
Butterscotch Fudgebars
Servings: 1 9-inch square pan

Ingredients:
Butterscotch batter
1 cup All Purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup desiccated shredded coconut + 2 tablespoons milk (optional, but highly recommended)

Brownie batter
1/3 cup AP flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp corn syrup (dark or light)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9-inch square pan. Line with aluminum foil, then spray the foil.

Make the butterscotch batter:
Sift the first three ingredients and set aside.

In a medium bowl, melt the butter. Once melted, stir in the brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla extract, coconut and milk, if using. Set aside.

Make the brownie batter:
Sift the first four ingredients and set aside.

In a medium bowl, melt the butter. Once melted, stir in the white sugar. Add the egg, and then stir in the vanilla extract and the corn syrup. Set aside.

Assembly
Stir in the flour mixture into the butterscotch batter. Then stir in the flour mixture into the brownie batter. Pour the butterscotch batter into the prepared pan. Place scoops of the brownie batter on top of the butterscotch batter. Swirl as desired.

Place pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out wet, but the surface is firm. Do not overbake.

OMG, copy and save!!! This looks incredible. I am drooling just reading it. Will be baking this the first cooler day we have.

Hi Alix, this is one of my favorites. I have to stop myself from eating too much of it. The brownie part is so gooey and scrumptious I double this portion per 1 recipe of the butterscotch! Hope you enjoy it too!

Back
Top Bottom