Cinnamon Shortbread thingys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK these are in the oven right now and mmmmmmmmmmmmm they look and smell so fine! Thought I would share.

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 3/4 cup flour
1 heaping tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped nuts (optional, I didn't use any)

Put butter in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it, then add the brown sugar. Separate the egg and put the yolk in with the butter/sugar. Leave the white in a high sided bowl for a few minutes. Cream butter, sugar and egg together, then add the flour and cinnamon. Work this with your hands until it is well blended and pat it onto a small cookie sheet. (um...15 x 9 or so?) Whip the egg white to almost hard peaks, and stir in the 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Smear this all over the batter in the pan and sprinkle with nuts if you're using them.

Bake at 350 for aobut 1/2 hour. Cut into bars while hot and let bars cool on racks.

I do to, I just thought it sounded like a little girl describing something. LOL:LOL:
Don't change it!!

Ok a little warning to you, with a cup of tea these babies are all too easy to overindulge in. They ROCK!

They sound delicious, but I think they deserve a nicer name:-p . I'll make them very soon. Thanks.

jkath said:
Sounds amazing, Alix!!!
What size did you cut them into?

About 2x2 inches. They go great with morning coffee too!

licia said:
They sound delicious, but I think they deserve a nicer name:-p . I'll make them very soon. Thanks.

I'm all about a better name...suggestions? I suck at naming stuff.

Yummy!

I have always loved little treats that you can eat with coffee or tea. Thank you for sharing, they sound yummy. Also I would have to agree with texasgirl about the name, it sounds great, keep it.

Back
Top Bottom