ISO crushed biscuit/syrup bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
My guess is this one might be for a Brit or an Antipodean to help me with ;)

When I was a girl someone's mother used to make these amazing things. I know they had digestive biscuits, crushed, mixed with butter and golden syrup set in a tray in the fridge then topped with melted chocolate, they were greater than a sum of their parts though.

I am going to attempt them soon, any ideas what amnount of butter and syrup to try with 1 packet of digestives?

Digestives are a type of plain biscuit, you can have them on their own with a cup of tea and they taste slightly sweet, or you can have them as a cheddar biscuit (but I think they are horrid with cheese!). Biscuit being of course a non- American biscuit, but cookie really is to sweet a word for digestive biscuits!

British shops in USA would sell them, and I think IKEA does too, they do in Europe.

Not ignorance at all Uncle Bob, I should have been more explicit :)

Ah yes!! The English biscuit (cookie) My memory fails me at times...;)

Well since I don't know the contents of 1 packet of digestives...I would crush them up to the texture they need to be and start adding a little butter...a little syrup utill I got a mixture that could be "formed" into the proper shape...and go from there....:ermm: I am thinking if this could be a variation of or maybe the "original" Chocolate balls(that go by several names) that are made during holiday times here in the US???

Anyway LULU...if they have chocolate on them ...they gotta be good!!!
I know they will!!

Boufa I could kiss you, the amounts look great, but I'm going to omit the cocoa like the one I remember! On the other hand, what's life without improvement, maybe I'll leave the cocoa!

Now I am thinking, what about some smooth peanut butter between the biscuit and the top chocolate...

Thanks boufa, you are an angel!

Glad to be of service, Lulu! Adding peanut butter is a great idea. In fact I am tempted to try it myself!!

Back
Top Bottom