Lemon Crumb Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IcyMist

Sous Chef
Okay I am posting this recipe because I want to print a copy of it at work. My email doesn't work right now so can't email it to myself at work, my printer is dead at home and this was the only way I could think to get it printed out unless I wanted to write it out and then type it up which I don't. :)

Lemon Crumb Bars
Servings: Makes 24 to 36 bars

These refreshing lemon bars will delight kids of all sizes and are a great addition to your cookie collections. Bake a batch for a summer picnic or family outing.
Prep Time: 30 minutes

1 (18 1/4 oz.) package lemon or yellow cake mix
273.jpg

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
3 egg yolks
2 cups finely crushed saltine crackers (1/4 lb.)
1 (14 ounce) can Eagle® Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1/2 cup ReaLemon® Lemon Juice from Concentrate

Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, beat cake mix, margarine and 1 egg with mixer until crumbly. Stir in saltine crumbs. Reserving 2 cups crumb mixture, press remaining crumbs on bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.

With mixer or wire whisk, beat 3 egg yolks Eagle Brand and ReaLemon. Spread over prepared crust. Top with reserved crumb mixture.

Bake 25 minutes longer or until set and top is golden. Cool. Refrigerate within 2 hours. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.

I will only get to have a small bite, maybe two without getting sick. Until they come out with a sugar free sweetened condensed milk, won't be able to have more than a bite or two.

Bumping up for jkath. Here is another use for your lemons. I wonder if the 2 cups of crushed saltines could be substituted with graham cracker crumbs or oatmeal? I think I will give this recipe a try for the SuperBowl.

I'd love to make these for DH, but I think I'd have to play around with the recipe a bit, as it's darn near impossible to find a white/yellow cake mix here (our local store only has two types, chocolate and carrot cake). But I love the recipe, it looks awesome - thanks for bumping it up!:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom