Peter Pumpkin Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I made these today!!! We had one after supper. They were really good. My Hubby (who doesn't eat anything pumpkin) tried a bite of mine and decided to get one for himself. I made them with just the cinnamon. I would like to try it using the other spices as well. Hubby likes spice cake and may think that it is a good idea. Thanks again. It is a keeper!

I forgot to mention that I had added the other spices to the mix. The flavor reminds me of the "spice cake bars" that used to go into bagged school lunches way back when. I think they were in the Hostess snack cake line. Do they still make them? Dunno. But these pumpkin bars are moister and all-around yummier.

I have all the ingredients, too. Thinking of using my mini-cupcake pans so I can make bit-sized treats that I can freeze, frost as needed.

I can't handle frosting anymore. :(

I'm gonna spank some powdered sugar on 'em and pretend I'm happy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
We are having a bake-off at work. I'm going to make this for it! When they asked today I was kind of wishy-washy about it and then I remembered the Peter Pumkin Bars.

We are having a bake-off at work. I'm going to make this for it! When they asked today I was kind of wishy-washy about it and then I remembered the Peter Pumkin Bars.

Do let me know how they go over. I talked to one of the organizers of the Church Fair and ran the idea past her. She likes the sound of it. The Fair is early this year. Nov. 7th. It is usually a week later. :angel:

I will be doing them as "muffins" to make them easier to serve. Yes, I will be gloating over my triumph! The right recipe and a motivated baker...easy as pie!:)

I will be doing them as "muffins" to make them easier to serve. Yes, I will be gloating over my triumph! The right recipe and a motivated baker...easy as pie!:)

I hadn't thought of doing them as muffins. I was thinking of four squares to a wrapped plate and tied at top with some curly paper ribbon. If I make two pans of them, 12 to a pan, that will give me six plates for sale. I do have to, (out of good conscience) label them as to having nuts. I think I will do one pan with and one without. I do have to buy a package of lace doilies for the paper plates. :angel:

Fayyyy-MUS!

When I bake something for the fair, I usually print out the recipe in case anyone should ask for it. And they do! Would you object to me providing it for this occasion? I will definitely be baking these the day before to give the flavors a chance to blend. :angel:

Last edited:
I ended up do this recipe as muffins. They are so light and tasty. I had just a little left of the batter and made it as an extra small muffin for the cook! YUM!:angel:

Back
Top Bottom