Re-warming brownies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwolfenden

Assistant Cook
Hi!

I'm serving chocolate brownies as a desert at a small dinner party. I will most probably make them the day before but I want to serve them warm at the meal. Perhaps this is a silly question, but do people have a favourite way of warming their brownies without drying them out? I also want to make sure they stay sticky and don't start cooking again too much!

I guess just sticking them in the oven for 10mins or something might work - at a low heat?

Just wondering if there were any tried and tested methods!

Thanks

Mark

I only warm them up in the microwave if I plan on eating them right away otherwise they will get hard. Short of that, I would just keep them in a very low heat oven until ready to serve.

Yes, I agree with Amber...I would "Nuke" them a few seconds! You may want do a test run to see how long you need to bring them up to the temp you want. It will be a matter of seconds..Trust me. Serve them immediately.

I would be fearful that a slow oven would dry them out. Hope this helps.

Enjoy!

As uncle Bob mentioned, the slow/low temp oven may dry them out, but if you keep them wrapped in foil and at a 200 degree temp for maybe no longer than 15 minutes, you should be fine.

:) Either way just lay a wet very well wringed out dish or paper towel over the brownies to keep them from drying out.

Back
Top Bottom