05/18 Yummys for din-din

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Well, of course, no pictures.. sorry but... big group effort (actually quite common at my son's house)

Hamburgers/Hot Dogs on the grill - son's job...

Salad, bit o'spinach, sugar snap peas, lil tomatoes, cilantro, oil and lemon dressing - DIL's creation

I did the Mushrooms with Shallots and Sherry from Williams-Sonoma - absolutely - definetely - have to - going to - do it again!
Everyone loved it. I just used shiitake and tiny button (called them straw?) and it is sure a repeat.

We put them on our hamburgers and ate them on the side as well - not a drop left. I suggest y'all check'em out!
This would be good with steak, chicken, pork and fish!

mushrooms-with-shallots-and-sherry.

What did you all have?

We had a pizza day!

This one was topped with ham, sweet canned corn, red onions, black olives and a ton of mozzarella :)

mKBnUSU.jpg

Last edited:
Tuna salad. Sounds plain huh? Nope, Asian skewed vinaigrette. Seared tuna loin. Asian spiced onion straws.

Attachments

• 2021-05-18 19.48.22.jpg
    2021-05-18 19.48.22.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 80
Well, of course, no pictures.. sorry but... big group effort (actually quite common at my son's house)

Hamburgers/Hot Dogs on the grill - son's job...

Salad, bit o'spinach, sugar snap peas, lil tomatoes, cilantro, oil and lemon dressing - DIL's creation

I did the Mushrooms with Shallots and Sherry from Williams-Sonoma - absolutely - definetely - have to - going to - do it again!
Everyone loved it. I just used shiitake and tiny button (called them straw?) and it is sure a repeat.

We put them on our hamburgers and ate them on the side as well - not a drop left. I suggest y'all check'em out!
This would be good with steak, chicken, pork and fish!

mushrooms-with-shallots-and-sherry.

What did you all have?

:LOL::rolleyes::ohmy:;)

I had my dental hygiene appointment this morning,
they're three towns over. But there's a really nice
Supermarket along the way.
Had a hankerin' for Hoagies.

BINGO!

IMG_0579.jpg

Fresh Rolls, Boar's Head Meats & Cheeses, with a side
of my homemade Coleslaw and store bought
Potato Salad, oh and a handful of Potato chips too.
Henry Weinhart's Root Beer to wash it all down with.

*belch*
excuse me :blush: I'm stuffed!

Hot Fudge Sundaes for dessert later.

We had smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese, capers, and sliced onion. There were also pickles, pickled onions, black olives, and marinated mushrooms to have on the side. I also put out a small container of "Bouchées d'Amour", a locally made goat cheese, "Bites of fresh chèvre marinated in herb-seasoned grape seed oil." We were just going to see what the little balls tasted like. We finished off the 120 gram container. That was really nice. I have noticed that the local cheese makers have gotten quite good at making goats milk cheeses. I can taste that it's goat milk, but no funky smells or flavours.

Was craving a sandwich so stopped at the store and picked up fixins for roast turkey sandwiches that we made on homemade white bread, it really hit the spot.

I made battered fish tacos with Mahi Mahi last night. I also made a crema with mayo, sour cream, Penzeys Arizona Dreaming and lime juice. Topped them with lettuce, pickled red onions and queso cheese. Good stuff [emoji39]
20210518_204607.jpg

Copy & Pasted!

I don't keep any kind of Sherry in the house,
but I do keep Dry Marsala Wine ... do you think that would work okay?

I'm pretty sure it would. Dry is not quite as sweet as Sherry but don't think the change in flavour will be that noticeable.

I was worried the sherry taste would be strong at 1/2 cup but it really cooks off perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom