10/7 Sat. 5pm, HEH! Where's Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
HA!
:LOL:

Okay, I'll start.

With all this talk about Flank Steak, I've got one marinading in some Teriyaki Sauce, waiting patiently for the gas grill.
I'll make a fresh pot a steamed rice and then later, steamed some fresh Green Beans aka Haricot Verts :yum:

What's for sup in your place?

Going to be a late dinner for me - usually I'm long done by this time (5PM) and the kitchen is cleaned up and closed. Busy day though, just got home.

I'm fixin' to cup up some chicken tenders into nugget size, season and breadcrumb them, and bake. Cherry tomatoes and cucumbers for a side. I would have stopped somewhere for some dinner, but those tenders have been in the fridge for 2 days and need cooked up. :)

GG posted a photo of Chicken Piccata within the past week or so, and I've had a taste for that ever since, so that.

Himself is off doing his sky-gazing thing, but I'll be starting supper now. If he's home in an hour, good for him. If not, we have a microwave! :LOL: I'm making salads for us, too, to meet the veggie requirement.

And I'm off to cook...

GG posted a photo of Chicken Piccata within the past week or so, and I've had a taste for that ever since, so that.

Himself is off doing his sky-gazing thing, but I'll be starting supper now. If he's home in an hour, good for him. If not, we have a microwave! :LOL: I'm making salads for us, too, to meet the veggie requirement.

And I'm off to cook...

If Himself is too late, can I have his dish? :yum:
I haven't had Piccata is so long, not a dish that DH cares for.
Hmmm, maybe we need to go out to Italian for Sundays Supper ;)

Tatar tot crowns

Now I'm curious. What's the difference between a tater tot and a tater tot crown? Do you make them look like crowns with a paring knife? :huh:

BTW, nothing fancy here for dinner. I made a spicy grilled chicken sandwich with some Italian hard salami and cheese on it. I'm getting ready to cook some frozen pork egg rolls for a late evening snack.

CD

HA!
:LOL:

Okay, I'll start.

With all this talk about Flank Steak, I've got one marinading in some Teriyaki Sauce, waiting patiently for the gas grill.
I'll make a fresh pot a steamed rice and then later, steamed some fresh Green Beans aka Haricot Verts :yum:

What's for sup in your place?

003.JPG

Very good indeed!
Couldn't finish though, so we have leftovers for
surf `n turf for lunch tomorrow :yum:

If Himself is too late, can I have his dish?...
Ended up with no piccata tonight, K-Girl. Himself was actually early - got home just as I was finishing up the salads and ready to move on to cooking the chicken, etc. The clouds had moved in earlier than he had expected. Cloudy skies make for difficult star-viewing. ;) Maybe tomorrow, except that it's also National Pierogi Day. Depends on what my heart's tummy's desire is come Sunday.

Dinner tonight ended up being lovely garden salads...and leftovers. At least I have some breathing room in the fridge again. :huh: Time to shop? :mrgreen:

We were invited to a barbecue party given by a co-worker of DH and her fiancé. They had grilled a whole pig! It was a fun afternoon.

Then DH had the Michigan-Michigan State football game to watch, so I made individual bowls of nachos with leftover chicken breast tossed in the salsa.

Had bought an Inside Round French Roast. Air dried for 7 days. Seared and low-roasted at 275F. With a caramelized onion and red wine sauce under it. Unfortunately I brought it to Medium instead of Medium Rare - but it was still so tender and absolutely scrumptious.

Had also made an Asparagus Galette and a Tomato Galette for my friend to take home as she still doesn't have a stove yet. Of course we had to taste test the galettes... :rolleyes:

Will get out the meat slicer in a bit and slice up the rest of the beef. I usually have terrible tough meat unless it is done in a stew style braise so this tough roast being so tender has made me a very, very happy cook.

I've been in a bad pain flare so TB brought home broccoli cheese soup for me, Greek salad and fried rice for him, and a variety of chicken wings for us to share from the deli. It was nice comfort food.

Back
Top Bottom