11 January Sunday dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Lou is hanging around today to watch the Eagles/Giants game. I say Eagles first because he's from Philly. Ivan, on the other hand, my ex husband, is a Giants fan, so is my son. But, since the two of them will actually be at the game I don't imagine they need my support for their team. Besides, I've got 4 hours of an online nutrition course to complete today.

I'm making a pot roast with mushroom tomato gravy, pappardelle and homemade brioche. More than likely I'll make a tossed salad, too.

Still have german chocolate cake for dessert.

Baby, it's cold out there.

I'm so full from breakfast I can't even begin to think about tonight's dinner. I made a batch of these cinnamon rolls yesterday. Omigosh, are they good!

What I should really do is finish the roast leg of lamb that's in the refrigerator. It was "dinner surprise" on Friday. Took it out of the freezer thinking it was roasted pork butt. Didn't matter. I like leg of lamb too. My friend sent me home with a big plate of fried crappy last night, so those should be eaten soon. Hmmm, what to do.

I am having southwest/mexican taco salads made with the leftover turkey I roasted yesterday. I made a 14 lb bird and after 4 people got done eating, I still have at least half of this turkey left. So tonight, I'll cube up some turkey, saute it in taco seasoning and make a nice southwest salad. I'm not ruling out margaritas either.

Going to watch the Golden Globes later and festive drinks are in order for watching E! Live from the Red Carpet.

got some nice thick ribeyes that i will reverse sear on the grill ..
going to make french fries and salad to go with it ..

Can't decide between Rose's Party chicken or steak. I'll see if the weather is supposed to stay nice or crater by dinner and that will likely determine it. Steak is best on the BBQ.

Hmmmm... Cornish hen seasoned with adobo. Maybe some new taters with rosemary and garlic... and green salad.

It is Sunday A Different Day

YES. Before we left the house for Sunday duties; I put together a Chuck
Roast Dinner in the Crock Pot.

Now I can read the Sunday Paper, and do what I WANT TO DO. Dinner will be cooking while I enjoy. Later the dinner will be done. (Chuck Roast
Potatoes, Celery, carrots, Onion,Red Port Wine)

We'll be watching the late game (Go Chargers!) so it will be simple ... cream of cauliflower soup with biscuits. Probably will have some snackies this afternoon ...

we went out for breakfast, but by now I get hungry again, 7.10pm here.. No idea what to eat, maybe we order a pizza... or fetch something from the greek restaurant...

We are have a large pot of penne with meat sauce consisting of short ribs, sweet Italian sausage, a cut up piece of london broil and some pork tenderloin..dry imported and button mushrooms, onions,garlic parsley,wine and cooked all day yesterday...Sounds crazy but it works and tastes great..base is sweet crushed tomatoes and beef broth..A large green salad with avocado and crutons again and dressed with meyer lemon,evoo,salt and pepper and honey..roasted asparagus with lemon and parmesan also artichokes. Dessert chocolate cake and ice cream
kadesma ooops forgot about the garlic cheese bread

We ended up going to a friends for a chickend dinner last night so...lamb leftovers for dinner tonight.

We are having our bigger meal in a couple of hours (which will be Eggs Benedict, pancakes and bacon), as the kids have their church club tonight. While they are there playing and eating snacks, we will be in Oak Park browsing books and having a light meal ourselves.

Salisbury Steak, homemade mac and cheese, green beans and some biscuits.

Roast beef, with lots of onions and garlic. Not sure what else, haven't been to the grocery store in awhile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom