12/27/10 Monday What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I definitely vote for ham and blackeyed peas it's traditional to have blackeyed peas for New Years.

I get so many 2# packs of beans from commodities, but no blackeyed peas, and I have that beautiful fresh pork ham bone.

I wanted to make baby limas with it, or split peas, but only have 1/2 # of each (from the store) left. I'm debating using both of them together with that big bone. I do have a whole big bag of pintos too. Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions. What do you think?
Yeah, that's why I thought about that. We usually have ham with either the big limas or navy beans, but I am pretty sure I have a package of blackeyed peas. :cool:

Combining the limas and the split peas might be an interesting combination. Personally, the only way I like pintos is for refried beans, but if you like them, that would be a good bet too. :cool:

:)Barbara

I made a Butternut Squash, Cheddar and apple soup.. it was very easy! I lightned it up by using 'light butter' and 2% milk... Blended it all up in the pot, and ate with cheddar cheese garnish and home made croutons... Delicious food on a snowy day stuck inside

Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Peas and Carrots and maybe buttered bread.

Not feeling well at all today, I think I'm coming down with a cold, so I made tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.

yesterday i cooked a crock-pot full of country style pork ribs with honey bbq sauce. will have one of those. they are huge. also made mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, gravy . so serving of each . homemade cranberry sauce along side. just made a skillet cornbread with green chilies and cheddar cheese in it. looking forward to that with the cranberry sauce.

We're off to the Waterpark today. We'll be playing all afternoon so Ken is taking us out for dinner after that. I'm still so freaking full that I'll likely just have salad. LOL!
WATERPARK!! YIKES!! We just had a blizzard and I thougt you got more snow sooner up there!!

Happy Anniversary PF & Shrek!!

Our dinner:

Roast Beef Hash & mixed green salad

img_951991_0_d1f63631f3149a8e79ed1c0827a3407c.jpg

WATERPARK!! YIKES!! We just had a blizzard and I thougt you got more snow sooner up there!!
I have a feeling it is the big indoor one at their mall, or another indoor one! I know what you mean though--I almost froze to death just reading that! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Yeah, that's why I thought about that. We usually have ham with either the big limas or navy beans, but I am pretty sure I have a package of blackeyed peas. :cool:

Combining the limas and the split peas might be an interesting combination. Personally, the only way I like pintos is for refried beans, but if you like them, that would be a good bet too. :cool:

The ones I don't like are kidney beans. I just don't like them. Too tough for my chili.

I am still looking for black beans. I had some once from a can and mixed them with canned corn. Awww, it was really good.

So, here's what I'm thinking about mixing the split peas with the baby limas. Both cook in pretty short times, well, for beans. I could also use just the pinto beans, but they are too bland for me to use with that spendid bone.

I'll have to just start a thread.

Happy Anniversary, Princess and Shrek!

LOL I love kidney beans for chili!

Well, I am not cooking tonight after all. James decided he is in the mood for KFC, and I'm not going to argue! My feet are so cold, I might just stick them in the mashed potatoes and gravy instead of eating them! Nah, I love mashed potatoes and gravy too much. :cool:

LOL I love kidney beans for chili!

Well, I am not cooking tonight after all. James decided he is in the mood for KFC, and I'm not going to argue! My feet are so cold, I might just stick them in the mashed potatoes and gravy instead of eating them! Nah, I love mashed potatoes and gravy too much. :cool:

:wacko::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom