12/7/10 Tuesday - what's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I did clean out some of the freezer containers, so I'll probably have ground browned sausage in cornbread stuffing for dinner.

What are you cooking today?

Baked pork chops, creamed potatoes, broccoli and crescent rolls.

can't decide til i see how tired i am from going to dr. (getting to know new dr.) and will more than likely be very tired. just the hassle of getting their wears me out. leaning toward a calif. roast beef sandwich.lots of protein and it fills me up. or may just graze. trouble with that , i tend to graze on junk. lol

This was my dinner, everyone else had takeout.

Mixed tossed salad (mixed baby wild greens, butter lettuce, baby spinach, sliced mushrooms, green olives, roasted slivered almonds, roasted cashews, hardboiled egg, black sesame seeds, feta cheese & grape tomatoes) dressed with Good Seasons Zesty Italian.

img_945587_0_d3d7fcc596f50db08865b251a261a0f3.jpg

Hamburgers, home-made french fries, and baked beans. It is COLD out and comfort food time!

On top of what? I love casseroles.:LOL:

Well there are many different variations of the tater tot casserole but I just fry up some ground beef with salt, pepper and minced onion, add a can of cream of mushroom soup, a little milk to thin out the soup and top that with the tater tots. It's pretty good with some ketchup. It's a very versatile recipe that you can dress up however you want. I'm pretty sure it's in some sort of white trash cookbook :LOL:

Well there are many different variations of the tater tot casserole but I just fry up some ground beef with salt, pepper and minced onion, add a can of cream of mushroom soup, a little milk to thin out the soup and top that with the tater tots. It's pretty good with some ketchup. It's a very versatile recipe that you can dress up however you want. I'm pretty sure it's in some sort of white trash cookbook :LOL:

Sounds good to me.:chef:

msmofet - your salad looks so beautiful and sounds really tasty.

Tonight we had roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes, and Italian blend veggies, steamed and tossed with evoo.

msmofet - your salad looks so beautiful and sounds really tasty.

Tonight we had roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes, and Italian blend veggies, steamed and tossed with evoo.
Thank you LC. I am going to have to make a roast soon because you have me drooling.

i got called into work early tonight, so i just was able to make some sesame crusted seared tuna steaks tonight, with 2 dippimg sauces: japanese soy/wasabi/ginger, and chinese plum/garlic.

Thank you LC. I am going to have to make a roast soon because you have me drooling.

Got me drooling too. Now I will have to thaw a roast out.:chef: I found a recipe tonight for eye round roast, heat oven to 500 put in oven turn down to 475 and cook for 7 minutes per pound, turn oven off and let it sit (do not open oven) for 2 1/2 hours. Sounds like that would work for other cuts of roast beef also. I will have to try soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom