2/18/2019 - National Drink Wine Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We need a reminder? :ROFLMAO:

I'll be eating soup tonight. I made a big pot of beef-veggie soup for my master gardener class tonight, and I'll sample whatever the other committee members bring.

Since everything outside is a sheet of ice and my boy had the day off, I taught him how to make marinara sauce from scratch (well, canned tomatoes).

Then he made fresh tagliatelle like he did the other day, and also used an old George Forman grill to make a few chicken breasts.

So, tonight is grilled chicken and pasta a la the boy.

Kudos to the kiddo. It was really delicious!

Attachments

• 0218191744b.jpg
    0218191744b.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 146
Pot roast is in the IP. Asparagus and potatoes are prepped.

Retrieved a frozen boneless turkey breast from my Thanksgiving parts turkey and pan roasted it. We had salad, stuffing and pan gravy to round out the meal.

I had to make a late change of plans. I thawed some chicken thighs, cut open the vacuum bag, and got hit with a funk that made me step back a few paces. So, that went to the trash. I have a pork loin in the Sous Vide circulator now. The planned side is some Boudin.

It's going to be a late supper tonight.

CD

Bucky, sure sounds like your boy is becoming quite the home cook! :chef:

No wine for me today - I'm out and didn't feel like going to the store. I had produce to use up, so dinner this evening was another salad - romaine and lots of crunchy veggies, chopped hard cooked egg, and julienned beets. Topped it with Marie's ranch dressing and garlic seasoned croutons. Pretty yummy.

Dinner was Pot roast, mashed red & Yukon potatoes, mushroom onion gravy and asparagus.

pot_roast_021819_IMG_5421.jpg

Last edited:
National Drink Wine Day, eh? Around here, that's celebrated every day!

We had breakfast for supper. Link sausages, lard-fried home fries, and omelette. I wanted to use up some veggies, too; the omelette had onion, mushrooms, bell pepper...and bacon. Himself said it sounded like pizza toppings so I added mozzarella cheese.
IMG_20190218_213150418.jpg

Since everything outside is a sheet of ice and my boy had the day off, I taught him how to make marinara sauce from scratch (well, canned tomatoes).

Then he made fresh tagliatelle like he did the other day, and also used an old George Forman grill to make a few chicken breasts.

So, tonight is grilled chicken and pasta a la the boy.

Kudos to the kiddo. It was really delicious!
Sounds and looks good.

Good looking meals MsM and CG.

I finally had some spoons for making supper. I did get a fair amount of help with breading the schnitzel. Team work for the win. :punk:

Pork schnitzel, rødål, and brown basmati rice. (Potato would have been better, but I'm not eating potatoes. :() This was served with pink wine.

wc_IEfx3Yh111dDglm1ZuB4xuyMRdG2sFT0uunKWQaj0MVfoajSFX1V-WAZTvC4bsusF2f6pNNmGoQJMrq9oadDzItnHefvN3StoSP4D-agA05T12zTJU5W96bilrMr6s2uvrhWnzIb6_zSojbwmWKW-uWgIKLb1k_cQjZ1JIiYOVaNtO7B8zRmAe0tyPhhndWSEYinG-KnswfB3Usrz-PQSpsru2S70fJAAWp6hmC6JhXp4s2uejahuobZ_FeqUH1_0zOm4s9I46_yBd4gdJrhPE13F0NJ5mNWYcVG8uWXIAW7BtWT74xzMbQ9OLcVC4bKrGFYrzZhDpbqo5_-E7HP05YQvJV8UQietrITqCwsCwjbGg9FDjlhOuSn7YpV8y8XdTf_CsZHSH4a_YHfUpT_K3N_H8_AY1qu6ulwpuWK_fLG6CHqJpj0zyp7IoUQHX_XdKApcgGb2k_EfuAhZt-Yrw5iNiBD6tF_i7cFYWBzh9N5PgfQfWHbhfuhNLBwlaklYZv7yZBOSY4BTs3l18eh2OTzxVNtiEfkH6n-goS8FkgibvJJfzVSyq9-OYPpqPDqeDVUVLx7r-iWLrmiiAbwck73q9F5XvTGqHwjydTARISx7lYCTA7QodTwt0aJVujHklTnC46Unry91Pt7jHUCFzun8oEgD=w812-h609-no

I had to make a late change of plans. I thawed some chicken thighs, cut open the vacuum bag, and got hit with a funk that made me step back a few paces. So, that went to the trash. I have a pork loin in the Sous Vide circulator now. The planned side is some Boudin.

It's going to be a late supper tonight.

CD

Better late than never.

I cooked the loin sous vide for 3 hours at 145, then gave it a quick sear with the Searsall. Perfect. Just slightly pink -- and very tender and juicy.

The boudin was from a smokehouse in East Texas. I had never tried it before. It was a bit too up-front on the spices for cajun. But, it was pretty good, otherwise.

It is 36F outside, but I'm feeling nice and warm right now.

CD

Attachments

• PorkLoin001.jpg
    PorkLoin001.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 108
A dish I stole and then made my own from a restaurant called I "heart" Tacos. It's a vegetarian burrito made with a filling of skinned/seeded poblano peppers cut in strips or diced, corn, diced onions, garlic, all sauteed, cooled, mixed with creama (which is kind of like a thin sour cream, but tangier) and a Mexican melting cheese, plus green rice (cilantro, onion, garlic, sometimes a raw poblano or green bell, mixed with rice cooking liquid in blender to pulverize solids), wrapped in a tortilla, topped with a green sauce (tomatillos, onions, garlic, sometimes a poblano) and some more cheese. They use the filling part for quesadillas and tacos as well.

Craig went red with a filling using chorizo, refried pinto beans, and I'm not sure what else he put in there besides some cheese, and a red rice (a dried chili, tomato, onion, garlic like above).

Back
Top Bottom