2 August Saturday Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Good morning and who's cooking what??

No trip down the shore today:(, looks too much like rain. No point in putting the bikes on the car, making a picnic, loading everything in and driving a hundred miles (with the cost of gas...) just to get rained out. So, I have more time to cook today:chef:

We decided on sazeracs as the cocktail, so I built the meal around the drink;).

First course is roasted artichokes with wild mushrooms.

Second is rabbit ettouffe with white rice. I've got lots of carrots around, so I'll probably glaze them.

Dessert is chocolate bread pudding with strawberries and bourbon sauce.

We will be having friends over for dinner and I will be preparing;

pork loin roast

baked yukon gold potatoes

fresh green beans

fresh Italian bread

and I supect the first sweet corn will be ready today, but I may not try to serve any, we will take a tour of the grounds before eating and I don't want too much last minute stuff to do, so I will send them home with a couple dozen ears..

and for dessert....home made cheesecake with blueberry topping....I made the cheese, made up the recipe and practically picked the blueberries...

maybe we will eat dessert first:)

Attachments

• DSCF0068.jpg
    DSCF0068.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF0071.jpg
    DSCF0071.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 200
Shrimp with whole wheat pasta topped with a white sauce (butter, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, spices) and a side salad. Hopefully, we'll have a slice of Betty's Homemade Yellow Cake if I get around to baking.

Shrimp Louis Pasta Salad with French Bread.

For dessert - the remainder of a dump cake a friend gave me yesterday.

chick-fil-a. fruit & a vanilla shake.

i'm stuffed from the leftover food my Aunt sent us away with.

Dh is going to W. Virginia with his buddies and ds is working. I'll be working on my moms' condo getting it ready to sell. I'm thinking I'll make cajun chicken/sausage with penne. It's spicy and I'm the only one that will eat it. I'll use my jalapenos, green peppers and tomatoes from the garden.

Barb

BethZ, beautiful pie, can I come please, I don't eat much. :)

Using Mama's spaghetti sauce recipe and stuffing the shells later on with only the cheeses and omitting the spinach. There is so much flavor in the sauce it'd be a shame for the spinach to get lost and it would, I'd like the sauce to be the star today. Garlic bread again since I have so much sourdough and plenty of cheese mixture for tonight's pieces too. Simple salad greens with Myer lemon vinaigrette. He'll get a cocktail and I'll be drinking lemon vanilla iced tea from Canada.

I'm going to throw some wings on the grill. Maybe with a hot hot sauce for something different. Something that burns for a while and I'll feel it tomorrow :ermm:
And I have lots of carrots, too, but I'll eat them raw with blue cheese dressing :)

What season is open pdswife?

I'm like pdswife ... DH is at a concert with a friend and we leave for 2 1/2 weeks on Monday so not much left in the house. It'll be either toast and cottage cheese or a frozen pizza.

We will be having friends over for dinner and I will be preparing;

pork loin roast

baked yukon gold potatoes

fresh green beans

fresh Italian bread

and I supect the first sweet corn will be ready today, but I may not try to serve any, we will take a tour of the grounds before eating and I don't want too much last minute stuff to do, so I will send them home with a couple dozen ears..

and for dessert....home made cheesecake with blueberry topping....I made the cheese, made up the recipe and practically picked the blueberries...

maybe we will eat dessert first:)
Oh Beth, this sounds heavenly! And your cheesecake looks divine! Your guests are very fortunate people!

We're going to a neighborhood potluck, so I have chicken wings on the grill that were marinated in garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I also marinated some red, yellow and green chopped peppers and onions in the same marinade; we'll "stir-fry" those on a grill wok and sprinkle them around the bowl of wings.

After roasting the artichokes, which smelled wonderful, I wasn't pleased with the presentation, especially some of the toastier leaves.

So...I pulled the pan to the stove top and added heavy cream to it. Then, I pureed the entire thing. Long story short, I turned it into cool roasted artichoke soup, to which I'm going to add a maques choux confetti.

Way more work than I was looking for:ermm:

We went to the last graduation party of the season, I hope, and had bbq chicken,corn on the cob, burgers, layered salad, fruit salad and a lot of other things that I didn't try. Actually, everything was really tasty.

Angus filet mignon, baked potato, green salad. Homemade marble cake for dessert.

I had wonderful lamb curry that I didn't have to cook - we picked up carryout after the movie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom