2019 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I reworked my mom's Pizzagaina (Italian Easter Meat Pie) recipe. I made 8 mini (5") pies.
I can't wait to cut one.

uncooked_mini_meat_pies_092118_IMG_6258.jpg

cooked_mini_meat_pies_092118_IMG_6259.jpg

I had never heard of Pizzagaina before now. Sounds wonderful will have to try it! You're going to freeze some?

Being alone, freezing small individual pies is my 'cooking ahead' ideal. Love to be able to throw something in the oven (or micro) come supper time and I'm just to tired to cook.

I had never heard of Pizzagaina before now. Sounds wonderful will have to try it! You're going to freeze some?

Being alone, freezing small individual pies is my 'cooking ahead' ideal. Love to be able to throw something in the oven (or micro) come supper time and I'm just to tired to cook.

There are 4 of us so I have never frozen meat pie. I'll eat it for a quick breakfast or lunch.

Here's a picture of a cut pie.

sliced_mini_meat_pie_092118_IMG_6267.jpg

I made apple squares yesterday. A quick and easy recipe that happens to be delicious.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5ae2.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5ae2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 116
Nothing special, just jumbo pumpkin muffins from a box of Pillsbury mix. I do make them special, though, by adding in generous amounts of both chopped walnuts and golden raisins.

SO made some apple crisp to take on a visit to her brother.

I'm making an apple pie to try out my new metal pie plate. (any excuse will do).

My neighbor had a fall harvest potluck party last night. She made pulled pork and Brunswick stew and asked me to make burger buns for the pork :wub: I also made Vivian Howard's caramelized onion-sweet potato bread. So good :yum:
1012191759a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom