"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2019, 10:27 PM   #261
Cook

I would do that but don't see a baked goods forum or anything close to that title...
Bama-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 01:11 AM   #262
Chef Extraordinaire

I bet you're using either a tablet or phone, right? I know I have a dickens of a time finding anything that way, and yet I've been using my phone almost always for DC (or Facebook) because it makes me manage my time online better.

Anyway, from the full website, there are eight different forums listed in the menu bar directly below the DC logo, starting with "Home". You can find the Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy sub-forum under the "Desserts" forum link.

Oh, look. It's the same place you listed your "Ginger Biscotti" recipe. I guess you did find it once upon a time. If you're anything like I am, you spend a goodly amount of online time saying "now where did I see that the last time...". Hope this helps.

"Remember, all that matters in the end is getting the meal on the table." ~ Julia Child
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:03 AM   #263
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I bet you're using either a tablet or phone, right?
Yes, I often post from a tablet. I have seen the Desserts" forum link, and the Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy, the but from what you said I was looking for a Baking Forum...

Also I was temporarily "banned" for posting the ginger biscotti there. After I posted the biscotti recipe I tried to edit a spelling mistake and the site said, "many of your activities look suspicious you are not allowed to post." Or something like that, after a day or two whatever supposid mischief I had caused was cleared up and I could post again.

However, during that time I was banned or whatever, happened to me, I couldn't even post a note to the moderators to ask what in the world did I do? THe site wouldn't let me even do that.

I posted it here because MSM asked for it, however, because my biscotti post in the Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy forum caused so much grief I'll just keep my recipe here... I don't want to get in trouble again. But thank you for the suggestion, but at this time I don't think your suggestion is a wise course of action for me.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #264
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama-Rick View Post
Yes, I often post from a tablet. I have seen the Desserts" forum link, and the Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy, the but from what you said I was looking for a Baking Forum...

Also I was temporarily "banned" for posting the ginger biscotti there. After I posted the biscotti recipe I tried to edit a spelling mistake and the site said, "many of your activities look suspicious you are not allowed to post." Or something like that, after a day or two whatever supposid mischief I had caused was cleared up and I could post again.

However, during that time I was banned or whatever, happened to me, I couldn't even post a note to the moderators to ask what in the world did I do? THe site wouldn't let me even do that.

I posted it here because MSM asked for it, however, because my biscotti post in the Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy forum caused so much grief I'll just keep my recipe here... I don't want to get in trouble again. But thank you for the suggestion, but at this time I don't think your suggestion is a wise course of action for me.
The mods are pretty reasonable. You could report the post here with the recipe and ask if you can post it in the cookie, etc. forum. Sometimes they'll even move it for you And you can ask what you had done to cause the problem before.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:54 PM   #265
Cook

I have no idea what sin I committed as I related in the note you quoted it wouldn't even let me send a note to the mods, I was on total lockdown but within a day or so everything was fine and could post again.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #266
Chef Extraordinaire

Apple Pie

Click image for larger version

Name:	apple_pie_baked_122319_IMG_6533.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	37935
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:59 PM   #267
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Yum!
Old 12-23-2019, 06:27 PM   #268
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Yum!
Thank you Andy. Can't wat to cut it tomorrow.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #269
Chef Extraordinaire

Pumpkin Pie (I thought I posted this last night)

Name:	pumpkin_pie_122319_IMG_6537.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	37946
Old 12-24-2019, 05:23 PM   #270
Head Chef

I just turned the oven off for the cheesecake for tomorrow - one of those that sits 3 more hours now, with the door propped open. Don't really smell that much, but a while earlier, I baked some graham crackers, to make the crust - much better than storebought, and I can still smell those a lot! The rest of the cookies (over 300, icebox barley cookies, habanero gingersnap, and star anise snickerdoodles) will bake in the big oven - as soon as the heat gets up, I might have them cut. I'll post photos of those later.
Homemade graham crackers. by pepperhead212, on Flickr
Old 12-24-2019, 05:27 PM   #271
Certified Pretend Chef

I baked a NY-style cheesecake this morning for tomorrow. We'll have blueberry topping and hot fudge sauce to dress the cake.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:05 PM   #272
Head Chef

The cookies are baked, and I can really smell it upstairs - mainly the cinnamon! The star anise snickerdoodles flattened a little too much - I made a note to make them smaller, and add a small amount extra of flour next time, to see if that helps. The NY cheesecake is in the container, and on the back porch - fortunately, cool enough, but not too cool out there, so I didn't have to make room in the fridge!
Star anise Snickerdoodles, baked, and resting, before cooling. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Baked icebox barley cookies. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Cooled icebox barley cookies. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

And, of course, though I didn't make many this season, here are the most popular, which I may have to make more of.
Baked Habanero Gingersnaps by pepperhead212, on Flickr
Old 12-24-2019, 11:20 PM   #273
Executive Chef

cheesecakes I made for friends: Reeses Peanut butter & caramel, caramel marshmallow, Plain...
[IMG][/IMG]
salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:43 PM   #274
Chef Extraordinaire

You are one cheesecake baking machine, Joey. Those look delish!

"Remember, all that matters in the end is getting the meal on the table." ~ Julia Child
Old 12-25-2019, 01:06 AM   #275
Chef Extraordinaire

My apple pie for tomorrow's dessert. I'm still working on the decorative crust. Missed a major step on this one Click image for larger version

Name:	1224191649a.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	37953
Old 12-25-2019, 02:03 AM   #276
Chef Extraordinaire

Still looks tasty, GG. It looks like you needed a little more crust to get enough for a nice edge. I've found over the years that a recipe that states "2-pie crust" is not enough dough. Instead, I just double the volumes for a single crust. If I have leftover dough, I'll roll it out, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on it, roll it up, and slice into pinwheel disks. Baked up, they're like tiny, buttery, flaky cinnamon Danish.

Now I wish I had made pie for tomorrow...

Old 12-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #277
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Still looks tasty, GG. It looks like you needed a little more crust to get enough for a nice edge. I've found over the years that a recipe that states "2-pie crust" is not enough dough. Instead, I just double the volumes for a single crust. If I have leftover dough, I'll roll it out, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on it, roll it up, and slice into pinwheel disks. Baked up, they're like tiny, buttery, flaky cinnamon Danish.

Now I wish I had made pie for tomorrow...
Thanks for the tip! That has been frustrating. And that sounds like a yummy way to use extra dough.
Old 12-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #278
Head Chef

Got up early to make those brownies. The whole house still smells like them! I cooled them on my back porch, then briefly in the freezer, before cutting - they are the stickiest, gooeyest brownies I make, and you can't really cut them at room temp. I'm getting those, and some of the cookies, and the cheesecake in the car, to go to my friend's place, for dinner.

I only make these brownies to take somewhere, or when a number of people will be eating them with me (and take some home!). These are one of the things I have no willpower with.
Palm Beach brownies, with some expresso powder and caramel added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr
Old 12-30-2019, 06:20 PM   #279
Chef Extraordinaire

I had some stale Hawaiian dinner rolls leftover from Christmas, along with lots of eggnog, in addition to some fresh cranberries. Time for a Cranberry Eggnog Bread Pudding with Spiked Eggnog Carmel Sauce.

If anyone wants the recipes, just holler.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PC300045.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	38036  

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:08 AM   #280
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Time for a Cranberry Eggnog Bread Pudding with Spiked Eggnog Carmel Sauce.

If anyone wants the recipes, just holler.
Yes, please!

@pepperhead, is that a homemade cooling rack? Looks great. A work of art with that nice wood frame. The barley cookies also look very tasty.
bbqcoder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baking