"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2020, 07:31 PM   #281
Chef Extraordinaire
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Thank you. That looks easy enough. I have saved it to Copy Me That.
^^^ I did the same! Thank you.
__________________
There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 07:42 PM   #282
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 46,646
I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies but they turned out less than great. Time to change recipes.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:52 PM   #283
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 313
2020 Edition - What are you baking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies but they turned out less than great. Time to change recipes.

My niece just used the Neiman Marcus recipe and turned out great. Maybe worth a shot

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/c/nm-nm...pe-cat62250745
GimmeAnother1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:37 PM   #284
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 46,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeAnother1 View Post
My niece just used the Neiman Marcus recipe and turned out great. Maybe worth a shot

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/c/nm-nm...pe-cat62250745
Gimme, this is interesting. I've been using the "NM cookie recipe" for almost 20 years. Surprisingly, it's nothing like the recipe you linked! It contained quick oats blended to flour and a shaved milk chocolate bar. I felt the chocolate masked other flavors so I left it out of the recipe. Since then, the cookies have tasted great but have been super flat and thin. I decided today to look for a different recipe.

I have an Alton Brown recipe for chewy cookies and was planning to make that. Now I may try this one instead as my first alternative.

Thanks for the link.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:54 PM   #285
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 313
2020 Edition - What are you baking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Gimme, this is interesting. I've been using the "NM cookie recipe" for almost 20 years. Surprisingly, it's nothing like the recipe you linked! It contained quick oats blended to flour and a shaved milk chocolate bar. I felt the chocolate masked other flavors so I left it out of the recipe. Since then, the cookies have tasted great but have been super flat and thin. I decided today to look for a different recipe.

I have an Alton Brown recipe for chewy cookies and was planning to make that. Now I may try this one instead as my first alternative.

Thanks for the link.

She played around with the temp. She found someone who used same recipe but 375 so she tried that. This other one said 12 min @375 but she did 2nd batch for 11min @375 and thinks they came out better. Mileage will vary on your oven I guess.
Came out pretty good. FYI for day or older just pop in microwave for 20seconds. So good. :)
GimmeAnother1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:02 PM   #286
Executive Chef
 
salt and pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,682
Raspberry kiwi cheesecake w/ colored sugar (green)...

[IMG][/IMG]
salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:19 AM   #287
Executive Chef
 
salt and pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,682
Thinking July 4th....

[IMG][/IMG]
salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 01:41 PM   #288
Head Chef
 
pepperhead212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Woodbury, NJ
Posts: 1,516
Great idea, S&P!
pepperhead212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
baking

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.