2020 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Joey, that's a cool looking cheesecake. Every time I see dragon fruit, though, I think of dice. [emoji38]
That sounds and looks delicious! I wish I had seen this before I baked applesauce quick bread this afternoon!!!

Would you share your recipe?
Look up ^, Dave. It's the link in my reply to msmofet. #317. And it is good. :yum:

Yesterday I baked 2 loaves of basic white bread.

Today I made a batch of "throwed" rolls, which is a classic of a regional restaurant. Great place and is about the same thing as Cracker Barrel, except diners are sitting at family style.

The rolls are fabulous as is their country-fried steak that is served in a LARGE cast iron skillet. Waaaay to much for one person but so good. Get a take-home box.

I may sound like a commercial but this place is a blast!!

It is, GG.

I made a cobbler from some tired looking fruits. Nothing was spoiled so, as my Mom would say "waddahell". Waste not, waist much. [emoji38]

IMG_20200811_213254974_HDR.jpg

Yesterday I baked 2 loaves of basic white bread.

Today I made a batch of "throwed" rolls, which is a classic of a regional restaurant. Great place and is about the same thing as Cracker Barrel, except diners are sitting at family style.

The rolls are fabulous as is their country-fried steak that is served in a LARGE cast iron skillet. Waaaay to much for one person but so good. Get a take-home box.

I may sound like a commercial but this place is a blast!!

We have a Lambert's 15 minutes down the road, in Ozarks, MO.
Fun place to take visitors.. :)

Ross

DH and I teamed up on a focaccia yesterday. Toppings are Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, Roma tomatoes from the farmers market and rosemary from the garden. 20200812_230146.jpg

Everyone's goodies sound and look marvelous!

I haven't been baking much lately, but I found this
at World Markey before they closed their doors
here in my neck of the desert ...

IMG_6256.jpg

:idea:

Let's try Everything No Knead Bread! :chef:

IMG_6252.jpg

IMG_6253.jpg

IMG_6254.jpg

IMG_6255.jpg

I basically followed King Arthur's recipe, but I did make
small-ish loaves so that we could share.
I think that the Topping came out a bit brown,

IMG_6257.jpg

so I baked off the second round five minutes less.
I did finally make my changes for High Altitude
baking, we'll see how this came out once they cool!

DH came into the kitchen to inspect my handiwork,
and asked if he could taste test ...
Moi: Not yet ...
DH: Yeah, yeah, I know, it's needs to cool.
Moi: Right
DH: So lettme ask you, do we get any of these?
Moi: Yes, this one is for us and the other three are going to the Gals
DH: *hrmph* I knew it!

:LOL:

They look great!
Everyone's goodies sound and look marvelous!

I haven't been baking much lately, but I found this
at World Markey before they closed their doors
here in my neck of the desert ...

View attachment 42525

:idea:

Let's try Everything No Knead Bread! :chef:

View attachment 42526

View attachment 42527

View attachment 42529

View attachment 42528

I basically followed King Arthur's recipe, but I did make
small-ish loaves so that we could share.
I think that the Topping came out a bit brown,

View attachment 42530

so I baked off the second round five minutes less.
I did finally make my changes for High Altitude
baking, we'll see how this came out once they cool!

DH came into the kitchen to inspect my handiwork,
and asked if he could taste test ...
Moi: Not yet ...
DH: Yeah, yeah, I know, it's needs to cool.
Moi: Right
DH: So lettme ask you, do we get any of these?
Moi: Yes, this one is for us and the other three are going to the Gals
DH: *hrmph* I knew it!

[emoji38]

It was a sadistic person who invented German Chocolate Cake. I clearly remember why it was 2017 that was the last time I made this favorite cake for DH's birthday. It's not until Monday, but I didn't have 6 hours to spend on Monday making a cake.

Attachments

• IMG_2607.jpg
    IMG_2607.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 62
It was a sadistic person who invented German Chocolate Cake. I clearly remember why it was 2017 that was the last time I made this favorite cake for DH's birthday. It's not until Monday, but I didn't have 6 hours to spend on Monday making a cake.
Bummer. Luckily, my husband only ever wants lasagna and Rachael Ray's Quick Tiramisu for his birthday. You're a good wife, Beth.

Today I made a large loaf of zucchini bread, again made instead with that bottle gourd, shredded (I also froze some portions if the shredded gourds, to make this in the off season). I also made it with half WW flour, and half kala besan - black chick peas I ground up into a flour - to make it a little better to eat, though it doesn't help that much with all that sugar and fat! I also put the spices in it that I put in my gingersnaps - the usual cinnamon and cloves, but also some nutmeg, ginger, black pepper, and a small amount of hapanero powder. I figured, that makes one of my most popular Christmas cookies, so why not try this?
Zucchini bread, made with bottle gourd, and kala besan, for half of the flour. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Bummer. Luckily, my husband only ever wants lasagna and Rachael Ray's Quick Tiramisu for his birthday. You're a good wife, Beth.

Thanks GG!

That, and I love to bake.

Dh didn't even ask for a piece of the birthday cake after dinner tonight. He knows how precious it is! He did ask for some of the ice cream I bought to go with the cake though!

Back
Top Bottom