2020 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Halloween cheesecake....

39817-albums960-picture8461.jpg
[/IMG]

Made two loaves of plain old white bread that some became French toast for this moring's breakfast.

Will be toast with jam and jelly tomorrow.

Love how our bread machine does the heavy lifting since "Arthur" has taken over my hands.

Lol I think I might have popped him one by now [emoji1787] No appreciation for your lovely efforts! [emoji512] [emoji322] [emoji8]

When my DH says something is "okay", I say, "Then you don't mind if I finish the rest, eh?" Well, I think I pretty much cured him of saying stuff was "okay", when he likes it.

Dinner rolls first run. I made the dough in the bread machine. I used the bread machine recipe this time because I didn't want to make mashed potatoes. They came out nice.

potato_rolls_111320_1_IMG_7386.JPG

potato_rolls_111320_2_IMG_7388.JPG

potato_rolls_111320_3_IMG_7389.jpg

potato_rolls_111320_4_IMG_7391.jpg

I made pumpkin cookies for the first time Friday. I've never made this crinkle style of cookies before, either. They're very good, just a bit of PITA to prepare for baking.
20201112_164242.jpg

I made banana nut muffins last night. I haven't made them in a while. The are good enough that I haven't changed the recipe from the time I first got it, about 45 years ago. The only modification I have made is to make it as muffins. It's actually a recipe for banana nut bread. Muffins bake a lot quicker.

I baked 15 muffins. We had some last night. This is what was left today when I went to get one.

Attachments

• Banana nut muffins 2020-11-18.jpg
    Banana nut muffins 2020-11-18.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 61
Still going through my "pie" phase, so made a fudge cream pie with a tall fluffy meringue.

I first made this pie when I was 14 and the page the recipe was on was stained and yellow. Guess I've had it for a while.

Looking forward to dessert tonight.

Just leftovers today, but I also baked something I've made before, since I had some very over-ripe bananas on the counter! I made a batch of the Browned butter Banana bread, from Milk Street, this time in the 9x5 pan they called for, not the elongated pan, I used the first time.
Browned butter banana bread. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Volcano Meatloaf

Well, most of the pictures came out crap. My fault, trying to do too much at the same time. Grandkids were carving pumpkins and decorating cookies so I rushed things. This is the only one worth trying to see.

BUT- It turned out absolutely delish. This is the best picture and not so great. I used a jarred basil spaghetti sauce. There were white/purple cauliflower florets and broccoli. Marble cheese in the sauce.

Tasted wonderful and gobbled up - (with a tiny leftover for me)

Attachments

• 20201024_185913.jpg
    20201024_185913.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 72
Well, most of the pictures came out crap. My fault, trying to do too much at the same time. Grandkids were carving pumpkins and decorating cookies so I rushed things. This is the only one worth trying to see.

BUT- It turned out absolutely delish. This is the best picture and not so great. I used a jarred basil spaghetti sauce. There were white/purple cauliflower florets and broccoli. Marble cheese in the sauce.

Tasted wonderful and gobbled up - (with a tiny leftover for me)

It looks great to me, and sounds yummy.

I wonder if ce cooked, the volcano could be transferred onto a bed of whole wheat linguini, or lasagna noodles. That might be interesting as well. Just thinking out loud. What was your meatloaf recipe?

Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom