2020 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I baked a Pizzagaina this morning.

meat_pie_022620_IMG_6729.jpg

Eventually, I will be making croissants, the finished product photo, if I don't screw this up, will be on Sunday. Been awhile since I have made croissants. I use whipping cream and whole milk, neither of which we have in the house so I sent the KN to the grocery store to get those for me.

Last edited:
Just sugar cookies today - but from dough I had in the freezer, then thawed. What a timesaver! But, can lead to laziness in embellishing the cookies. I should have planned how to upgrade them. Instead, just baked fat and sugar (but would it make much difference in taste?)

Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting

Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting. came out really good. didn't think they would taste this good. incorporating strawberry jam via melting in microwave and straining into mix is perfect way to do it.

Attachments

• IMG_7299.jpg
    IMG_7299.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7302.jpg
    IMG_7302.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_7304.jpg
    IMG_7304.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_7305.jpg
    IMG_7305.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_7306.jpg
    IMG_7306.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 81
Omigosh! At Glenn's suggestion, I made the "Orange Rolls" from the March 2020 issue of "Southern Living" magazine. Fantastic rolls. Glenn also suggested I create a variety using lemons. You bet! He loves lemony things and I will accommodate.

Check out the recipe for the orange variety here. Pretty tasty.
Thanks for sharing this. The last 30-minute coherent conversation I had with my Mom before she had her stroke was about the orange rolls that the bakery in her hometown made. I am going to have to give this recipe a try. My cousin has promised, but not delivered, getting that recipe. The rolls were baked in a Bundt pan and the glaze was a simple orange syrup. We would go to the bakery and get them in a white box tied up with string.

Thanks for sharing this. The last 30-minute coherent conversation I had with my Mom before she had her stroke was about the orange rolls that the bakery in her hometown made. I am going to have to give this recipe a try. My cousin has promised, but not delivered, getting that recipe. The rolls were baked in a Bundt pan and the glaze was a simple orange syrup. We would go to the bakery and get them in a white box tied up with string.

Glad this sparked a good memory.

Also, the recipe directs you to use a stand mixer to make the dough. I didn't. I just put the dough ingredients in my bread machine and set it to the DOUGH function and let the machine do all the heavy lifting. The dough was perfect and I could attend to other things as it worked.

Back
Top Bottom