2020 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of bread? :)

Just plain old white bread. I've discovered that I can use my family-favorite bread recipe in the bread machine and produce 2 loaves, which lasts a while for the two of us.

I have severe arthritis in my hands and kneading just kills me. That's why I enlist my bread machine to do the kneading and first rise. Bonus...I can do other stuff while the bread machine does its thing.

I've had my bread machine for over 20 years and it has only made bread, as directed by the instructions, one time. It's my loved "heavy lifter" when making yeast products.

This is how I rock, and this is how I roll. I have the Earl Grey Yogurt bread in the oven.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/earl-grey-yogurt-cake

I didn't have enough Earl Grey, but I had blueberry tea, soooo, did that. I added some orange zest (had I had a lemon in the house....), and I cut the sugar by subbing 1/2 applesauce. And, since I used blueberry tea, I tossed some frozen blueberries with the flour. Gonna flip the pan around in about 5 minutes. Smells good, hope it tastes good.

I baked an awesome chocolate and made a great choc buttercream frosting however my ability to put together a good cake is still at newbie level. Tasted awesome though so I got that going for me :)
Took the extra batter and made some cupcakes too.

IMG_4153.jpgIMG_4152.jpgIMG_4150.jpgIMG_4149.jpg

Thanks. I'm sorry, I realized after I posted that I had selected the wrong post of yours - I meant to ask for the muffin recipe. Got that handy? [emoji2]

Thanks. I'm sorry, I realized after I posted that I had selected the wrong post of yours - I meant to ask for the muffin recipe. Got that handy? [emoji2]

https://youtu.be/tHTbl6Wb3mk

I went by her written recipe here:

https://m.joyofbaking.com/muffins/StrawberryBananaMuffins.html

Haven’t check to see if they r the same amounts.

For mine I think ripe bananas were key. I have mine frozen for about a month and took a couple out for this. That, the light brown sugar, and the cinnamon make it for me.

Last edited:
I feel like I have a "snowed in" mentality today. So I baked some oatmeal raisin cookies with pecans.

Attachments

• 52DDB2B0-A833-4A68-8C13-A62A3F24D0BC_1_201_a.jpg
    52DDB2B0-A833-4A68-8C13-A62A3F24D0BC_1_201_a.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 77
IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5607.jpg

I've had a box of Kellogg's All Bran Cereal in the pantry for,
well I don't know how long! :LOL:
So I searched for a Moist Bran Muffin recipe,
found one I thought would work,
added dried Cranberries rather than Raisins,
`cuz that's what I've got.
They came out gorgeous, tender, tasty,
but DH says they're dry and "What's sour in here?"
So I guess the neighbor-folks will be getting muffins later
this afternoon :blink:
I made these for breakfast tomorrow, but oh well …

View attachment 39705

View attachment 39706

I've had a box of Kellogg's All Bran Cereal in the pantry for,

well I don't know how long! :LOL:

So I searched for a Moist Bran Muffin recipe,

found one I thought would work,

added dried Cranberries rather than Raisins,

`cuz that's what I've got.

They came out gorgeous, tender, tasty,

but DH says they're dry and "What's sour in here?"

So I guess the neighbor-folks will be getting muffins later

this afternoon :blink:

I made these for breakfast tomorrow, but oh well …

Tops are slightly browning, inside has a great texture, love the cranberries instead of raisins. Looks great!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom