2020 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone recently posted this article on Facebook and I thought it would be fun to try it - focaccia using vegetables and seeds to decorate it like a garden [emoji2]

https://www.thekitchn.com/gardenscape-focaccia-instagram-23007512

Sorry the first picture is so blurry. I had asked DH to put it in the oven and then remembered I hadn't taken a photo. He wasn't very patient with taking it out and waiting while I took photos ;)

So, pix are before and after baking my version, and a pic of the one I used from Instagram (linked in the article) as a model. I used grape tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, Penzeys Sandwich Sprinkle (similar to Italian herb mix) and parsley from the garden. Somehow it overcooked a bit, but it tastes great.
2020-03-20-12-55-58.jpeg
2020-03-20-12-57-54.jpeg
2020-03-20-12-59-27.jpg

Last edited:
SO made a carrot cake. Two 8" layers. She frosted them separately and we froze one and are eating the other.

Love it GG - have to give it a try come our season... if it ever arrives, as I watch some more snow falling and it is 36 F outside!??

Someone recently posted this article on Facebook and I thought it would be fun to try it - focaccia using vegetables and seeds to decorate it like a garden [emoji2]

https://www.thekitchn.com/gardenscape-focaccia-instagram-23007512

Sorry the first picture is so blurry. I had asked DH to put it in the oven and then remembered I hadn't taken a photo. He wasn't very patient with taking it out and waiting while I took photos ;)

So, pix are before and after baking my version, and a pic of the one I used from Instagram (linked in the article) as a model. I used grape tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, Penzeys Sandwich Sprinkle (similar to Italian herb mix) and parsley from the garden. Somehow it overcooked a bit, but it tastes great.
View attachment 39940
View attachment 39941
View attachment 39942

focaccia itself is interesting to make. excellent spin on an italian classic. how did it taste?

focaccia itself is interesting to make. excellent spin on an italian classic. how did it taste?
It was delicious :yum: My neighbor and her friend loved it and so do we. I've made this several times over the past year. It's Samin Nosrat's recipe from her book and Netflix series "Salt Fat Acid Heat." Putting the vegetables on top adds a really good flavor and juiciness to the bread.

https://www.saltfatacidheat.com/fat/Liguria-focaccia

It was delicious :yum: My neighbor and her friend loved it and so do we. I've made this several times over the past year. It's Samin Nosrat's recipe from her book and Netflix series "Salt Fat Acid Heat." Putting the vegetables on top adds a really good flavor and juiciness to the bread.

https://www.saltfatacidheat.com/fat/Liguria-focaccia

Yea I imagine doing something like a bruschetta on top which the base of which would be the small sweet tomatoes like that. :)

There's something about homemade baked goods that
put the World right.

IMG_5672.jpg

Land O Lakes Chewy Jumbo Chocolate Chip
Cookies with some Arizona Pecans added in.

This recipe makes alot of cookie dough, 4 1/2 pounds to
be precise :LOL:
I haven't made this recipe in a while, but as I recall,
it makes 6 dozen 2 1/2 inch cookies or #40 cookie scoop
(a generous tablespoon)
of dough rather than the called for 1/4 cup.

I had been making the Neiman Marcus Choco-Chip Cookie
recipe that Ms. Neighbor-Across-The-Street gave
me (because DH insisted that he didn't like mine)...
but today he asks me why I haven't I ever made this cookie before :wacko:

Well!
I only baked off 3 dozen cookies, other wise,
HE'D EAT THEM ALL!!! :pig::LOL:

I have ingredients to make a batch of chocolate chip and a batch of Chocolate Cookies W/ Macadamia Nuts & White Chocolate. I bought a beater blade for my mixer and a set of OXO scoops/dishers. I just don't have the energy to pull out the kitchenaid. Hopefully I will get to it to make sure the beater blade works before it's to late to return.

I'm still waiting on a loaf of whole wheat bread to rise, but I did make some cheater danish for our coffee break today. Easy-peasy with crescent rolls. cream cheese, a little sugar, and (this time) a splash of vanilla in the cheese blend. The recipe has the cream cheese being topped with blueberries, but I scored a container of blackberries at Aldi for only 99 cents, so we had those cut in half/thirds.

Photo later, with or without a bread photo.

Back
Top Bottom