2020 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this bread will be dense - it always happens when I use all Bob's Red Mill WW flour. I'll have to make another loaf from all Montana Bronze Chief WW soon so I can compare. We do know that the fake Danish are (soon to be "were") good.
IMG_20200326_205627348.jpgIMG_20200326_180027989.jpg

Well, they were delicious - baked yesterday and shared with my neighbour

my share is all gone, :(

Attachments

• 20200328_090430.jpg
    20200328_090430.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 81
I bought them about 3 years, maybe even 4 years ago. Made them for the first time last month! LOL

What I love about them is you can mix them up - leave in the fridge up to 3, even 4 days. Then bake when you want. Only take 8 min. Longest part is waiting for oven to heat to 400. :rolleyes:

Recipe calls for 2 large eggs, I used one small(ish) goose egg this time.

Important to beat batter till it flows off like a ribbon.

Because the batter thickens I use 2 soup spoons as if making quenelles to fill the pans.

I bought them about 3 years, maybe even 4 years ago. Made them for the first time last month! LOL...
Here I thought I was the only one to collect kitchen tools just to have them! I've bought a couple of things over the years that were donated away before I ever used them. You're ahead of me - you used your Madeline pans. ;)

I can't find any of my preferred flour, King Arthur Traditional whole wheat, so I bought some local whole wheat flour at the health food store. Well, somewhat local. The San Luis Valley in Southern Colorado, about 50 miles north of here. Here is the result. Can't wait for it to cool....and eat.

Attachments

• IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 72
Here I thought I was the only one to collect kitchen tools just to have them! I've bought a couple of things over the years that were donated away before I ever used them. You're ahead of me - you used your Madeline pans. ;)
Hee hee! I bought a couple of Wilton flower-shaped cake pans at a thrill shop a few years ago - haven't used them yet. I was thinking they would be nice for a dessert for the master gardener potlucks we have. Ah well, one day [emoji16]

I can't find any of my preferred flour, King Arthur Traditional whole wheat, so I bought some local whole wheat flour at the health food store. Well, somewhat local. The San Luis Valley in Southern Colorado, about 50 miles north of here. Here is the result. Can't wait for it to cool....and eat.
I think if farm goods are produced within 100 miles, they're considered to be local.

Hee hee! I bought a couple of Wilton flower-shaped cake pans at a thrill shop a few years ago - haven't used them yet. I was thinking they would be nice for a dessert for the master gardener potlucks we have. Ah well, one day [emoji16]

...but did you find your thrill?

My bread machine mixed up a batch of French bread dough, then I shaped it into a dozen rolls. One may have gone missing somewhere between the baking pan and the cooling rack...: whistling:IMG_20200328_191041692.jpg

Going to bake off the Meyer Lemon Cookies (Sables) I made yesterday.

and then made a new version of Lemon Curd with the juice from the zested Meyer Lemons. New version pretty good!

Picture doesn't do justice to the colour of the curd. Also used only one goose egg for the curd, it had a huge yolk. recipe calls for 3 large eggs or 1 large egg and 3 yolks.

Attachments

• 20200329_082711.jpg
    20200329_082711.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200329_082538.jpg
    20200329_082538.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 71
I bought them about 3 years, maybe even 4 years ago. Made them for the first time last month! LOL

What I love about them is you can mix them up - leave in the fridge up to 3, even 4 days. Then bake when you want. Only take 8 min. Longest part is waiting for oven to heat to 400. :rolleyes:

Recipe calls for 2 large eggs, I used one small(ish) goose egg this time.

Important to beat batter till it flows off like a ribbon.

Because the batter thickens I use 2 soup spoons as if making quenelles to fill the pans.

Bought a pan a few months ago and made them. I think I scooped too much in mine and mine are deeper and more rounded than typical pan. Came out great though. All sold at benefit at work. So great with milk! Would make again.

IMG_3560.jpg

I made pitas and mascarpone brownies today. No pic of the brownies yet.

full

I great to see so many of us busy in the kitchen.

Today SO baked a batch of brownies with walnuts and a new banana bread recipe.

Back
Top Bottom