2020 February 22: Margarita Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Just wanted folks to see this in time to make supper plans that include Margaritas, if you are so inclined.

National Margarita Day

If you need a recipe for Margaritas, here is mine:

Pour the following into a shaker:
1 part citrus juice (we like half lemon and half lime)
2 parts Triple Sec, which could be Cointreau (especially if the triple sec you can get is less than 35% alcohol or a sorry quality)
4 parts tequilla

Gently add some ice cubes to the shaker.
Shake until cold.
Strain into pretty glasses.

So, for the two of us we use:

3/4 ounce citrus juice
1 1/2 ounces Triple Sec
3 ounces of tequila

2584DCA1-FA80-4500-A61C-0CD35EFE936B.jpg

No `Ritas here, unfortunately … over ice, no salt please
:LOL:

IMG_4958.jpg

… the best I've had, yet, was in Key West Florida, MMM! :yum:

But I digress, sorry …

Dinner in mi casa will be :
https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/2013/02/02/whats-for-dinner/

chicken and broccoli stir fry over noodles.jpg
(file photo)

Chicken & Broccoli (Slaw) Stir Fry, I don't have anymore Asian Noodles, so it'll be over steamed White Rice, Sticky Rice, think Sushi Rice minus the seasoned Vinegar :chef:

I did a double shot of Cuervo, then sucked on a Lime Slice .... does that count ??

Comfort night on Excelsior Ave. !

Pan-fried Burger and Air Fries under Onion Gravy, Lefty Veggies, Bean Salad ...

Burger, Onion Gravy.jpg

DH got excited about a good-sized New York strip steak at the store today, so that's what we're having, along with baked potatoes and green beans.

Bayoubaise. We had seen this on a Food Paradise show just before Halloween when they featured Muriel's in NOLA due to the fact that the restaurant is reported to have a ghost. It has fish and shrimp balls, mussels, shrimp, crab and andouille in a Creole bouillabaisse sauce, served over orzo. I did pretty good with no recipe to follow, just what I had seen on TV as the chef was cooking. Needs a tweak or 2 but really good nonetheless.

Craig can post a pic of our appy.

Attachments

• 2020-02-22 18.15.33.jpg
    2020-02-22 18.15.33.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 90
Bayoubaise. We had seen this on a Food Paradise show just before Halloween when they featured Muriel's in NOLA due to the fact that the restaurant is reported to have a ghost. It has fish and shrimp balls, mussels, shrimp, crab and andouille in a Creole bouillabaisse sauce, served over orzo. I did pretty good with no recipe to follow, just what I had seen on TV as the chef was cooking. Needs a tweak or 2 but really good nonetheless.

Craig can post a pic of our appy.
Bayoubaisse, I love that lol

View attachment 39278

No `Ritas here, unfortunately … over ice, no salt please
:LOL:

View attachment 39279

… the best I've had, yet, was in Key West Florida, MMM! :yum:

But I digress, sorry …

Dinner in mi casa will be :
https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/2013/02/02/whats-for-dinner/

View attachment 39280
(file photo)

Chicken & Broccoli (Slaw) Stir Fry, I don't have anymore Asian Noodles, so it'll be over steamed White Rice, Sticky Rice, think Sushi Rice minus the seasoned Vinegar :chef:

IMG_5491.jpg

That :chef:

pointing up.jpg

was delicious!
I got the perfect crisp-tender on the veg this time,
and I think that I like it better on rice :yum:

Yummy tacos, served with beer and followed by Margaritas.

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_193451.jpg
    IMG_20200222_193451.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20200222_193502.jpg
    IMG_20200222_193502.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 107
I had to put off my Mexican cooking until another night. I slipped and told someone I know about my plans, due to it being National Margarita Day, and she told me that "You'd better not make that without me!"

I still had my margarita...:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom