2021 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good! May I ask the brand and/or model of bread machine you have, please?

I use an older model, Panasonic SD-YD250.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SD-YD250-Automatic-Bread-Dispenser/dp/B00005QFL0

I have had several bread machines but this machine has always given me a nice loaf of bread. I don't think they are being made any more but have been easy to find on eBay. I have a like new machine laying in waiting in my storage room in case I out live my current machine!

I use an older model, Panasonic SD-YD250.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SD-YD250-Automatic-Bread-Dispenser/dp/B00005QFL0

I have had several bread machines but this machine has always given me a nice loaf of bread. I don't think they are being made any more but have been easy to find on eBay. I have a like new machine laying in waiting in my storage room in case I out live my current machine!

Cool and thanks! I do understand having a back-up for some favored items!

Just baked, and tested, my family's traditional sour cream coffee cake that we eat Christmas morning, so we could get right to unwrapping the gifts.:)

Attachments

• IMG_3900.jpg
    IMG_3900.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 34
I'm baking...for real, in the oven, this time :ROFLMAO: ...a White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake. It is a cheater recipe and new to me. Pictures and review later. Fingers crossed it is worthy!

Don't have pictures, but this is a wonderful coffee cake. You can glaze the top if yo0u want, or put a streusel topping on it.

Chief's Apple Cake

The following recipe uses whole grain flour and applesauce to make it as healthy as a cake can be. This cake can be eaten with or without frosting or icings, and is great served hot with ice cream. But it is also a wonderful snack cake, served simply with a glass of cold milk or the beverage of your choice.

Wet Ingredients:
• 2 cups sugar, or Sucralose (Splenda)
• 1/2 apple sauce
• 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
• 2 eggs.
• 4 cups peeled and diced apples (I like to use 4 1/2 to 5 cups)
• 2 teaspoons vanilla

Dry Ingredients:
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon salt

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Fold together the apples and sweeteners until the apples are well coated. Beat the eggs until well mixed. Add the vanilla, nuts, and eggs to the apple/sweetener mixture. Set aside.

Combine together the dry ingredients and add to apple mixture. Bake in a greased 13x9 inch pan for approximately one hour. The cake is done when the sides are firm and start to pull away from the pan. The middle should be soft, but come out clean with the toothpick test. Do not overcook as the cake will dry out. Enjoy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Tried a new apple pie recipe since we were gifted with tons of apples for Christmas. Have to say this is one of the best apple pies I have ever tasted/made.

I cheated a bit because I HATE to make lattice crusts and, instead, used a plastic template to make the open crust. I also alternated the apples with some pecans, which really made things better.

Here's a link to the recipe if anyone's interested: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/220997/chef-johns-caramel-apple-pie/.

Plus, here is a picture of my finished product:

Attachments

• IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom