2021 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was craving coconut cake, but it's not Rob's thing, so I made half a coconut cake and frosted the other half with chocolate.

M_A8O2CX8dzFJSL1jR4nTLpx-4T15ygjXs_zb8e9G5KDy3HMh29uPFF5_F0-NPllvHbh4WRz_EM1f1MUnDsmG18V2O-ZzUzuGfPUJpYAc86F47cSbjLRQ0-iuyvSysa4ky_Qf-jETVc=w2400
That is a wonderful compromise! What flavor is the cake? Is it just different frosting on each cake? Would love to see cut slices of each.
I would enjoy both cakes. I love chocolate and coconut.

Do you have a recipe for coconut cake?

Last edited:
My sourdough starter is finally mature, so I made a loaf of sourdough bread.

Attachments

• Sourdough bread small.jpg
    Sourdough bread small.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 97
Gads, can't make up my mind on cake or bread, guess I'll just crave both.

Yummy looking cakes, bakechef!

Great sour dough, I can almost taste it, pptop!

That is a wonderful compromise! What flavor is the cake? Is it just different frosting on each cake? Would love to see cut slices of each.
I would enjoy both cakes. I love chocolate and coconut.

Do you have a recipe for coconut cake?

They are both the same cake flavor, just different icing. The cake is a hot milk sponge cake with an American style buttercream. I used half of the Vanilla icing for the coconut cake and added dutch process cocoa for the chocolate.

I usually use coconut cream in the cake and maybe some coco lopez between the layers but I didn't have either on hand so I just did the basics.

Last edited:
Yesterday I awoke a year long sourdough starter lurking in the frig. Wasn't sure how to handle it, rested it overnight and baked a loaf of whole wheat sourdough in the bread machine.

Attachments

• IMG_3247.jpg
    IMG_3247.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 80
and when I've finished everything on Kathleen's plate, I'll have a 2nd helping of gruyere/leek pie cold while reading this mornings posts on DC.:pig:

Bread (I added wheat germ to the flour) smells so good. Can't wait to cut it.

bread_013121_1_IMG_7668.JPG

bread_013121_2_IMG_7670.jpg

and when I've finished everything on Kathleen's plate, I'll have a 2nd helping of gruyere/leek pie cold while reading this mornings posts on DC.:pig:

Make that two gruyere/leek pies, oh....and some strawberry jam and soft butter for the bread that just emerged from the oven. :pig::yum:

Mmmm, those look amazing. Have you posted the recipe? I'd love to make these.
Thank you. I haven't posted it yet. I'll need to work it up. I use my bread machine to make the dough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom