2021 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saved a recipe for chocolate ricotta muffins a while ago. Just got around to making them today. Really light and tender! I will be making these again... especially since I still have 3/4 of the ricotta left!

Here's the recipe, in case you're interested:
https://www.cleocoylerecipes.com/2013/06/Chocolate-Ricotta-Muffins-Cleo-Coyle.html?m=1
IMG_20210224_184542906.jpg

First batch ever of chocolate chip cookies. Good Lord... I will never buy these from anywhere again.

CCC2.jpg

Next up... oatmeal raisin.

I've been making the same basic recipe of chocolate chip cookies for decades. I've used on the infamous Neiman-Marcus recipe. Flavor has always been great but I've been working on texture. My last batch was a big improvement and today I tried one more tweek. I cut back on the flour a bit. The result was very good-not too cakey not to thin.

E42F3C94-41A1-4DBD-8809-A861ADEC8F19_1_105_c.jpg

Last edited:
I've been making the same basic recipe of chocolate chip cookies for decades. I've used on the infamous Neiman-Marcus recipe. Flavor has always been great but I've been working on texture. My last batch was a big improvement and today I tried one more tweek. I cut back on the flour a bit. The result was very good-not too cakey not to thin.

View attachment 45913
Please share the final recipe you are happy with.

Kinda sad when you fancy up a dessert with some topping and it's not as good as one would have hoped. I have a chocolate cake recipe like that. I put a really delicious frosting on it, once. It's better without. Well, I learned.

Frank, I can't abide tomato soup. When I was a kid, Mom served it for supper at least one Friday a month for supper. I hit my lifetime amount somewhere around age 9.

And in our house, it's still "today" until we go to bed. "Tomorrow" doesn't start until we get back up. :wink"

Frank, I can't abide tomato soup. When I was a kid, Mom served it for supper at least one Friday a month for supper. I hit my lifetime amount somewhere around age 9.

And in our house, it's still "today" until we go to bed. "Tomorrow" doesn't start until we get back up. :wink"
What about tomato bisque? A pizzeria near me used to (don't know if they still do) have a lunch special of pizza, soup and salad every day and I loved the tomato bisque. I asked the cook how she made it? She laughed and said it was canned diced tomatoes puréed and cooked with onion, garlic and basil, S&P [emoji16] It's so good!

GG, I have considered options to the can of Campbell's tomato soup, including Dawg's recipe she shared from 4B's restaurant. Never made any I looked at, though. Tomato soup just isn't appealing to me - or Himself. I think I can still live a fulfilling life without ever eating tomato soup again. :LOL: Thanks for the suggestion, though.

GG, I have considered options to the can of Campbell's tomato soup, including Dawg's recipe she shared from 4B's restaurant. Never made any I looked at, though. Tomato soup just isn't appealing to me - or Himself. I think I can still live a fulfilling life without ever eating tomato soup again. [emoji38] Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Funny! [emoji16] This is basically how I make marinara sauce. So it's like pasta without the noodles ;)

I forgot to mention that I made cinnamon-pecan rolls for the first time last weekend. They turned out great. The dough was so easy to work with and they tasted wonderful.
20210307_163354.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom