2021 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I hate canned tomato soup. I hate it so much that I can't sit near someone who is eating it. The smell makes me nauseous. That recipe that Dawgluver shared. It's good stuff. There are none of those obnoxious flavours or smells that are in the canned stuff. I would just recommend using passata instead of canned tomatoes. That's already a puree and comes in a glass or plastic container, so no chance of weird metallic flavours.

The last time I ate Campbell's tomato soup my Mom served it to me!:LOL: However, gazpacho, and other tomato soups, are some of my favorites in summertime, with those fresh tomatoes!

GG, I have considered options to the can of Campbell's tomato soup, including Dawg's recipe she shared from 4B's restaurant. Never made any I looked at, though. Tomato soup just isn't appealing to me - or Himself. I think I can still live a fulfilling life without ever eating tomato soup again. :LOL: Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Okay, I hate canned tomato soup. I hate it so much that I can't sit near someone who is eating it. The smell makes me nauseous. That recipe that Dawgluver shared. It's good stuff. There are none of those obnoxious flavours or smells that are in the canned stuff. I would just recommend using passata instead of canned tomatoes. That's already a puree and comes in a glass or plastic container, so no chance of weird metallic flavours.
I missed that tomato soup recipe. Can someone please post a link to it. Thank you in advance.

(Have missed some days here. Been dealing with a lot of issues with DD's accident and health, etc.)

I've never seen passata here and I've never noticed a metallic flavor in canned tomatoes.

Today I will be bakin' bacon! I got a deal on a five pound package, so I will put it on racks on cookie sheets, bake in a 375F oven for 18 to 20 minutes, and drain it on paper towels while I allow it to cool. Then I will keep about a pound in a zipper bag and store it in the fridge, and put the rest in freezer bags and keep them in the freezer until needed. I will, of course, be pouring the run off into my counter top bacon squeezin's container.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've never seen passata here and I've never noticed a metallic flavor in canned tomatoes.

Yeah, I'm probably just remembering back to before they started putting the plastic lining in cans. If you opened a can of tomatoes or tomato juice, by the next day, there were weird metallic tastes. The same thing would happen to a lesser extent with pineapple.

There are several brands of Italian tomatoes (Colavita, Pomi, Tuscani), in different styles, that come in cardboard cartons, like drink boxes. They are, of course, more expensive than the canned tomatoes, and there are no generic brands, but there is no tin can flavour either.

81hzsuHotkL._AC_UL115_.jpg
612c0K36uFL._AC_UL160_.jpg
51lh1vYJE5L._SL160_.jpg

Well, it is Pi day.

So I took some liberties and went with the homophone instead of the mathematical constant.

8B2418CF-5CEE-475E-8559-AF986C9F8ED9_1_105_c.jpg

However, if you divide the circumference of the pie by its diameter, the result will be Pi. So there is a synergy here.

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

I had made a batch of KA No Knead Crusty White Bread dough not too long before we decided to drive out to California to FINALLY see my Mother.

I had already baked off two loaves from the batch, but still had two more that I knew we wouldn't get to in time, so I divvied them up and froze them.

So here we are some two weeks later and it is recommended that they not be stored any longer than that.

And as noted by the KA blogger, these loaves did not rise much
and had a much more dense crumb,
they grew together as the came to room temp... :glare:
but all the same, they tasted amazing!

>edit:I need to get a lame!

Ricotta chocolate cupcakes. I think CG posted the recipe a short time ago. And that's my grandmothers muffin tin.

Attachments

• IMG_3432.jpg
    IMG_3432.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom