2021 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Raspberry Cheesecake...........

39817-albums888-picture8586.jpg
[/IMG]

You do know that my screen doesn't taste very good don't you?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::pig::pig:

I have noticed a box of puff pastry in a corner of the freezer for a very long time. I finally decided to use it. Decided to make blueberry turnovers.

Got the filling ready and defrosted the puff pastry dough. Instructions call for you to roll out each of the two pieces to 12-inch squares. Sadly, the extended stay in the freezer did some damage. Freezer burn made it impossible to roll out completely or seal the dough over the filling.

I did the best I could then baked and glazed them. I'll be having it for dessert tonight. It'll probably taste OK but I'm not showing it to anyone.

I made some butternut squash bread today, using a pumpkin bread recipe, and some dried apricots, for the fruit, and pecans, for the nuts. I actually ground up 1.25 oz of dehydrated butternuts in the Vitamix, and added water to make 16 oz, and mixed it into the butternut flour. The texture was almost exactly what canned pumpkin would be. I wanted to bake something, before it gets hot again, and I don't want to turn on the oven!
Pumpkin bread, actually made with butternut squash. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

GG: You don't have to shape the balls of dough into flattened disks the size of a burger? Do you make 12 buns or fewer so they will be bigger?
I shape them into balls and then press them down a little. The first time I made them and didn't do that, they rose so much there was too much bread for me - there is a lot of yeast in this recipe, which is why you can make them in less than an hour. I've learned to weigh them - 2 oz. is the perfect size for the 1/4 pound burgers I make. I usually get 16-18 out of the recipe. Sometimes I give some to one of my neighbors.

Last edited:
I shape them into balls and then press them down a little. The first time I made them and didn't do that, they rose so much there was too much bread for me - there is a lot of yeast in this recipe, which is why you can make them in less than an hour. I've learned to weigh them - 2 oz. is the perfect size for the 1/4 pound burgers I make. I usually get 16-18 out of the recipe. Sometimes I give some to one of my neighbors.

Thanks.

The quantity of 12 in the recipe would probably be just right for my 6 ounce burgers.

I was not happy with the burger bun recipe I made from KA Flour. I was looking for something softer. I had saved a recipe for potato buns because the potato is supposed to create a softer bun. This is the result of that recipe. Burgers for dinner tonight.

C76C4181-699F-446B-B3CB-4695B11C9564_1_105_c.jpg

We'll know later today if they are what we are looking for. If not, GG's recipe is next.

Made a pineapple upsidown cake yesterday. Easy but the first hardest part was to find a 12-inch cast iron skillet in my stash. I did but it weighs 8 pounds, just a few ounces less than my first child. Whoa!

The second hardest part was flipping the cake onto a plate. Was an olympic wrist task!

Then, the last challenge was to find a plate that was big enough to hold the cake. Done, done, donsky. Scoured my my dishes stash and found just the right size. Whew!

Cake is fantastic. Still have two more days to enjoy its deliciousness.

Made a pineapple upsidown cake yesterday. Easy but the first hardest part was to find a 12-inch cast iron skillet in my stash. I did but it weighs 8 pounds, just a few ounces less than my first child. Whoa!

The second hardest part was flipping the cake onto a plate. Was an olympic wrist task!

Then, the last challenge was to find a plate that was big enough to hold the cake. Done, done, donsky. Scoured my my dishes stash and found just the right size. Whew!

Cake is fantastic. Still have two more days to enjoy its deliciousness.

Sounds like a yummy adventure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom