2021 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie, that was one big baby! My twins totaled only 7 1/2 pounds!

More muffins at Chez Goddess, this time cherry-almond. Or is it almond-cherry? I do like to alphabetize, but there were a lot more cherry bits than almonds... Anyway I made a half dozen. Ate one, though, for quality control purposes.

IMG_20210623_172459940.jpg

Made a simple, 2 ingredient, recipe of "bagels" today.
While not the bagels we are used to, they were pretty good for a quick, simple snack.

Ross
IMG_20210624_125712840.jpg

Flour and water??? Flour and yeast and water doesn't count??

Of course they count. Any recipe you prefer counts, for just about anything.

I've never made bagels before and this, equal parts, selfrising flour and yogurt recipe caught my eye.
I did post that they are not the bagels I am used to, professionally done by my local shop.

Sorry they are not authentic. :)

Ross

No apologies needed.

Just trying to figure out the two ingredients. I always forget self-rising flour exists.

Quick and simple work for me. I found quite a few recipes for 2-ingredient bagels online. Which one did you use? Please and thank you!

This was my first ever effort. I used this recipe.
https://airfryingfoodie.com/air-fryer-two-ingredient-bagels/

We felt that they were good, just not bagel chewy good. Since baking these, I've read about someone using a similar recipe but, boiling them before topping and baking. That's what I will try next time.

Bottom line is... We don't always get to the bagel shop and this simple method can satisfy a craving. :)

Ross

I baked a small (2 cup) cherry crisp yesterday. The recipe called for sour cherries and a half cup of sugar. I had Bing cherries, so i added about 2 teaspoons of sugar to help them give up their juice. I'll make less of the topping next time, too.

No photo because you can't see much with dark cherries in a dark blue baking dish.

I baked a small (2 cup) cherry crisp yesterday. The recipe called for sour cherries and a half cup of sugar. I had Bing cherries, so i added about 2 teaspoons of sugar to help them give up their juice. I'll make less of the topping next time, too.

No photo because you can't see much with dark cherries in a dark blue baking dish.

You mentioned liking the topping in another post.

I'd like to see your recipe for the topping. I'm getting a craving for a crisp. :yum:

Ross

Ross, the recipe for "Fresh Cherry Crisp" is from My Baking Addiction. Unlike most crisp recipes that I have seen that call for uncooked old fashioned oats, this one calls for quick cook oatmeal. Not instant. Every crisp recipe I have tried called for regular oats; we always thought we were chewing on old ropes. With the instant, which I keep on hand for making bread, the topping had a nicer texture and chewability. (Is that a word? Well it is now!)

Here's the link:
https://www.mybakingaddiction.com/fresh-cherry-crisp/

The dish I used is seven inches across, just about two inches deep. The topping was a little generous for the two cups of cherries. I'll either make a little less of the topping for this dish, or use a slightly bigger pie plate (8") and up the cherries to two and a half cups or so.

Just baked some crunchy ANZAC biscuits, which were mailed in the millions to New Zealand and Australian troops during the Great War.

sy26EWX.jpg

Then I turned the oven up and baked some seed loaves (pumpkin sunflower, millet, poppy, and rolled oats.) The seeds give them a lumpy texture.

PAo8rwc.jpg

Ross, the recipe for "Fresh Cherry Crisp" is from My Baking Addiction. Unlike most crisp recipes that I have seen that call for uncooked old fashioned oats, this one calls for quick cook oatmeal. Not instant. Every crisp recipe I have tried called for regular oats; we always thought we were chewing on old ropes. With the instant, which I keep on hand for making bread, the topping had a nicer texture and chewability. (Is that a word? Well it is now!)

Here's the link:
https://www.mybakingaddiction.com/fresh-cherry-crisp/

The dish I used is seven inches across, just about two inches deep. The topping was a little generous for the two cups of cherries. I'll either make a little less of the topping for this dish, or use a slightly bigger pie plate (8") and up the cherries to two and a half cups or so.

Thank you, CG. I will give this a try. :)

Ross

I made another batch of cherry almond muffins yesterday. Skipped mixing almonds into the batter, opting to generously topping them instead. Good choice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom