2021 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
View attachment 47716

Chocolate Chocolate Six Inch Birthday Cake for one of my neighborhood Gal Pals.
The cake doomed a bit, so I saved that portion that I cut off and added a tough of the Fudge Frosting to it to give it a taste ... :yum:
Really good ... and I'm not a fan of Chocolate.
:LOL:
That looks wonderful!

I can't remember what cooking show I watched years ago. But the chef said to turn the top cake over, so the domed tops were together, and the flat bottom was up. Gravity took care of it. The cakes looked flat and wonderful.

Last edited:
I go to another Community Center with my Neighborhood
Gal Pals on several Tuesday evenings.
The festivities begin after dinner, so I always make some
sort of dessert for the gang.
This most recent outing I made individual Pineapple
Upside Down Cakes in a Jumbo Muffin tin.
I tried a new-to-me recipe and they came
out so incredibly moist and tasty, even if I do say so myself ;)
I used Pineapple Tidbit, `cuz that's what I had in the pantry.

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

I even brought one for each of the Gals to take home to
their hubbies... they shouldn't be left out, right?

I've always liked Pineapple Upside Down but never make it. I like that individual recipe. They look fantastic. So much easier to share.

Would you share?

I've always liked Pineapple Upside Down but never make it. I like that individual recipe. They look fantastic. So much easier to share.

Would you share?
Yes, please share the recipe, Kgrl.

Last week I made a loaf of bread and a pan of cherry-almond scones. You've all seen photos of those. Last night I found a recipe for coffee cake that uses cake flour. I have a supply of that! I baked up a pan of blueberry coffee cake for breakfasts...but we did a quality control sample last night.

I didn't make the lemon juice and powder sugar glaze because I thought it would be too sweet. When I make it next time, and there WILL be a next time, not only will I skip the glaze, but I'll make a little less of the streusel topping.

https://www.thekitchn.com/blueberry-buckle-recipe-23182649IMG_20210803_021601398.jpg

Last week I made a loaf of bread and a pan of cherry-almond scones. You've all seen photos of those. Last night I found a recipe for coffee cake that uses cake flour. I have a supply of that! I baked up a pan of blueberry coffee cake for breakfasts...but we did a quality control sample last night.

I didn't make the lemon juice and powder sugar glaze because I thought it would be too sweet. When I make it next time, and there WILL be a next time, not only will I skip the glaze, but I'll make a little less of the streusel topping.

https://www.thekitchn.com/blueberry-buckle-recipe-23182649View attachment 48073

LOOK AT THAT!!!
:yum:
I was at the green grocer this morning and saw fresh Blueberries on sale, was gonna buy some to make Coffee Cake, but I know that I simply don't the time right now :(

Made a batch of hamburger potato buns.

View attachment 48074

I never made my own buns before, that sounds like a project for later.

LOOK AT THAT!!!
:yum:
I was at the green grocer this morning and saw fresh Blueberries on sale, was gonna buy some to make Coffee Cake, but I know that I simply don't the time right now :(

I never made my own buns before, that sounds like a project for later.

You can keep the blueberries in that humongous new freezer you have. They freeze very well.

That thread about sourdough a few days ago got me to take out my levain - in the fridge for a long time, due to this horrible heat, when I don't turn on the ovens much! In just a day and a half, with 3 refreshments, it had tripled overnight, ao when I got up this morning, I almost immediately started making some bread dough! I paused briefly, realizing I should take my medicine and caffeine and eat something, but that was a brief delay. lol The usual small portion of levain is back in the fridge, and the bread is started with the rest - more later. It's supposed to be in the mid 70s today, and the AC is off, so I don't mind baking! BTW, today is National CC Cookie Day! Hmmmmm...

Here's the bread and cookies I baked! The macaroons I made and baked while the loaves were rising.
Sourdough rye dough, more than doubled after rising 4 hours, with just 2 tb firm levain to 7 1/2 c flours. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Sourdough rye loaves, almost ready to go into the oven. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished sourdough rye. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I had a problem with the macaroons - I was out of the Mercken's chocolate, used for dipping and coating, like the bottoms of these things. The bittersweet chocolate that I coated a couple of them with, were taking forever to solidify, so I stuck them in the freezer! I only had two - the rest I put in a container, between foil layers, and I'll go to the Amish market tomorrow, and restock on the chocolate!
Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons, before coatint the bottoms with chocolate. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

These cc macaroons I baked a little longer, to caramelize them more. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

CC coconut macaroon, with chocolate on the bottom, peeled of the waxed paper. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Raspberry Cheesecake

39817-albums960-picture8699.jpg
[/IMG]

This just might be the prettiest loaf of country white bread I have ever made. (Psst, it's half white whole wheat flour - don't tell you-know-who...) BLT's for supper tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put my grape and cherry tomatoes to good use by making this Focaccia.
Since I'm on a low carb diet , I only make it once a year, but boy do I look forward to this day.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 9.56.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 9.56.35 PM.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 43
The news is saying we should prepare for a hurricane/tropical storm in our area. Himself took care of gassing my car and lining up lighting sources. I am... baking. [emoji1] A pie plate of Mom's baking powder kuchen is done. Cracked wheat bread is churning in the bread machine. I plan on making a cherry galette before the day is over because we'll need something to go with ice cream in case the power goes out.IMG_20210821_174416286.jpg

The news is saying we should prepare for a hurricane/tropical storm in our area. Himself took care of gassing my car and lining up lighting sources. I am... baking. [emoji1] A pie plate of Mom's baking powder kuchen is done. Cracked wheat bread is churning in the bread machine. I plan on making a cherry galette before the day is over because we'll need something to go with ice cream in case the power goes out.View attachment 48363

Somewhere in my memory I recall my Great Grandmother making Kuchen.
That looks great CG!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom